110.What do I like about this woman?

He was glancing at her in between. He had never seen any women in the palace to take an initiative like this. "Generally women who behave like this, try to be innocent and shy but she was...a total seductress." thinking about this, his ears turned red.

He glanced at her and her whole face has become red from embarrassment. He slightly chuckled They were caught in an awkward situation. They both stayed silent for some time when they heard the voice of Minho from outside.

"Your Highness, the ministers from earlier are asking your presence for the meeting regarding tomorrow's banquet. They need your permission to continue with the preparation for the banquet."

As Jeongguk and Lalisa heard his voice, they got a chance to break that killing awkwardness. He stood up and said to Lalisa who was already looking at him, "Tomorrow is Mother's birthday, so there will be a huge banquet to celebrate this occurrence." with a somewhat smile.

"I will send clothes and accessories for you to wear. You just need to arrive there, dressed along with your beautiful smile" he continued supportively.

He knew she wasn't in the best relationship with his mother but he'd love it if she were to come to accompany him.

Lalisa's smile had already faded, to that, he could only sigh and continue with a softer voice "I will prepare everything for you. So don't worry about anything, just come dressed and everything will be ready. And be sure to rest well, that is most important!." he said to her hurriedly, stressing out the importance of sleep and rest.

She looked away from him, already a frown present on her face and remembered about the so-called banquet. It was the same banquet in which the Empress Dowager would have announced Eunbi as the Empress if she hadn't woken up.

Suddenly the air around her became chilly. Her eyes which were full of anger and hints of joy from earlier became icy, turning around she stared at Jeongguk coldly and said, "Of course" in a matter of fact tone, "I won't worry about anything. You go and do what you have to do and prepare for Empress Dowager's Celebration. " she said in a distant tone.

"She doesn't accept me as her daughter in law, so why should I care about preparing anything for her? Even if I did prepare, I wouldn't get anything out of it anyway" she said with a resentful voice.

Jeongguk looked at her in surprise, he wanted to say something, but no words make it pass his throat. He had an idea of why she was like this but nevertheless, he wanted her by him in the banquet.

If it was the past, she would've been on her toes with excitement, "this is a chance to impress mother in law!" she would have thought, preparing for the banquet herself.

She would have done her best to impress the Empress Dowager, though she knew that the Empress won't like her presents but still she always did her best.

She wanted to get acknowledged as the daughter in law more than inheriting the Empress title.

He looked at her cold eyes and nodded, Then he turned around to leave after bidding his farewell. His mother's banquet preparation team still needed his presence. When he reached the door, he turned around once again, to look at Lalisa, who was already preparing to sleep.

He was dumbfounded.

He was already on his way out of the room, but she was in a hurry to sleep and was chasing him out with her body language. To his surprise, before he could leave the room entirely, he heard her voice, "Your Highness".

Hearing her words he was delighted, he thought that she would ask him to stay for a while more or maybe ask for him to come back to stay the night here after finishing his work but contrary to all of his hopes, her next words left him stunned.

She said while straightening her blanket in a rather peachy voice, "Your Highness, if you had a small work like asking about my wellness, you should just send Minho to ask me for you or any eunuch will do. You don't need to personally come for this, you are a busy man after all. look, because of this small matter your work has been disrupted and my precious sleep has been too." her voice innocent as a child and small dimples plastered on her face.

No matter how sweet she sounded, how sweet she looked, Jeongguk knew she meant something else by those words. He didn't know what to say at this moment. He could only stare at her with eyes wide open and then nod in agreement.

How he wished he left sooner, even a second quicker before she could say such words to him. Minho, who was standing outside the door to guard, also heard her words and was also dumbfounded. He thought in disbelief, 'How could her highness talk to the Emperor so casually and so harshly, she was telling him to not come again if he had no good reason too.'

He truly felt bad for his Master, who had just come out of the room with disappointment all over his face.

When Jeongguk had made it out of the room, he saw Minho standing awkwardly and seemingly apologizing to him, it was every for him to understand that he heard everything.

Right away, he glared at Minho, warning him to not tell anybody or face the consequences! Minho nodded frantically, understanding the warning. He should not have eavesdropped on such matters.

Jeongguk then looked up at the sky, bright and clear with the light of the sun shining on him. He felt himself slowly warming up for the gentle sun rays and put his hand in front of his eyes to avoid the sun glare to look on the birds that were flying.

He sighed. "It's such a 'good day''.

He thought to himself, walking to his destination. .. After Jeongguk had left, Lalisa fell on the fluffy bed as she had already instructed Minnie to spread more blankets over her bed.

When her head hit the pillow, she quickly fell asleep.

She wouldn't care about such a banquet or any banquets for that matter, she only needed just food and sleep to live anyway.

'No longer was she interested in building relationships, so why should she care what anyone thinks?'

Jeon Villa.

In the evening, Kim Lisa was busy in the kitchen making a sumptuous dinner for Jungkook. She was making a Hotpot and various kinds of dumplings with other side dishes.

She was giving her all to this dinner as she needs to tell him about the audition that is on the next day.

'There is a saying that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach'. So she was preparing to impress his stomach with her food first then she will make him agree to her demand.

Thinking this, she smiled slyly.

"Come back early, darling. Your amazing wife has made an amazing dinner for you. After eating this you will forget about your 5 star Michelin chefs." she said while moving the ladle in the pot, humming a light tone.

As she was busy shamelessly praising herself, someone was already staring at her with a smile on his face from the kitchen entrance. When he heard her words, his lips curled up in a smile.

'I don't know what I like about this girl. Is it her narcissist character?'

He thought and this made him chuckle.

When Lisa heard his laugh, she turned to look at him and froze on the spot.

" -__- "