140.Banquet (7)

"But I am sure, there is nothing like this gift that I brought for you. Nobody in this country can make this, other than me," Lalisa said with a smile.

Hearing her words, everyone was stunned.

They know that Lalisa was the daughter of the Lee Marco who has invented many medicine. So they expected some new medicine.

The doctors or who knows medicine was interested in Lalisa's gift.

Everyone looked at her with curiosity.

Seeing everyone's curious gaze, Lalisa smiled confidently.

Lalisa looked at Sandara and smiled.

Then she stretched both her hands and removed the colorful cloth from the trays in one go.

As she swiftly removed the cloth from the trays, everyone in the hall squinted their eyes, to see what was the gift.

When Lalisa removed the cloth, around ten small containers were placed there, five in each.

The boxes were not very large but just a small box. The boxes have a silver coating and were carved beautifully.

They were curious about what was inside the box. What knew medicine she had invented?

Sandara looked at the containers and thought, 'This must be some new medicine her. Hah. She really can't give any better gift. I am the stupid one to expect something from her' she scoffed inwardly.

'After all, not everyone is as thoughtful as Eunbi.' as Sandara thought about it, she looked at Eunbi with love.

Jeongguk looked at the boxes in front of him and wondered, 'What is it? Why didn't she said anything if she had prepared something?' as he was wondering about it, he heard Sandara's voice.

"What is it? Don't tell me, it's you're some new medicine. Lalisa, you're the Empress, so you should know what to do and what not."

"You should not give someone medicine on their birthday, because it will look like you're praying for their unwellness. " she tried to reason with her.

"Are you wishing me to die early". She said with her voice slightly raised and put her hand on her chest to calm down.

Lalisa looked at her and thought, 'Sandara and Eunbi are too similar. Hah. They should be mother and daughter not mother in law and daughter in law.'

Before Lalisa could say anything, Eunbi jumped in the conversation, "Mother, please don't say like that. You will stay with us, for a long time." she said with a worried expression on her face.

"And sister must not have meant anything wrong. She just wanted a good and healthy life for you."

"And Mother, sister must have prepared all this with efforts, we shouldn't refuse them."

"Then why don't we do this thing, let's take the ginseng and tonics that his highness has given and accepted it as Sister's gift and give these gifts to the servants? This way sister's gift won't be rejected as well." Eunbi suggested in a low voice.

Though everyone would think that Eunbi was trying to ease the situation but only Lalisa, what she was doing.

Sandara looked at Eunbi and nodded.

"You're right Eunbi. You're very smart but some people do not have even the slightest of the brain. They don't even know, what to gift and to whom?" she said while shooking her head in annoyance.

Everyone was looking at the drama unfolding in front of them curiously.

By then, they became clear that Lalisa has no place in the Palace as the Empress.