Chapter 40- Nephilim's Protectors

WARNINGS: Supernatural Violence; Attempted Kidnapping

Dean opened his eyes at the sound of the floor boards, creaking in the house. He slid his hand under his pillow and grabbed the gun. He lifted his head slowly and took the gun off safety mode. Only then did he see Klaus by the door, also listening. He nodded at Dean to come closer. Dean made his way over and crouched down.

"You guys got the angel, right," a woman asked.

"Yes, ma'am," a guy said, "Which one are we looking for again?"

"Any of them at this point," the woman said, "Lord Lucifer needs the children after they are born tonight. The only thing is, I can't even find him anymore."

Dean grabbed one of the demons walking by the room alone. He pulled him in and covered his mouth as Klaus stabbed him with an angel blade. Dean let the corpse drop to the ground.

"Watch your back, okay," Dean whispered, "C'mon."

He walked out with a gun raised. A demon saw him and he shot him twice in the chest, killing it.

"God, I love these bullets," Dean whispered.

A sound was heard from behind, making him turn to see Klaus stabbing one in the chest. He gave a short nod and continued walking. Hayley screaming was heard, making Klaus look around.

"Go!"

Klaus took off, chasing after her and her captives. Dean walked through the house, killing any demons he saw.

"Cas, where are you, buddy," Dean prayed.

Castiel, who was knocked out, quickly opened his eyes as Dean's prayer reached him. He grunted as cracked his neck before walking back to the house.

"The angel is awake," a demon shouted.

Castiel grabbed his face, smiting him. He spat out some blood before kicking down the front door and storming inside. He saw Lucien unconscious in chains. Castiel yanked the chains off and woke him up.

"Lucien, what happened," Castiel asked.

"Isaac," Lucien said, looking around, "They have his mother!"

"Go! Don't leave any survivors," Castiel said, handing him a weapon.

Lucien took it as his veins darkened and his eyes turned red. He chased after the demon who took Veronica, Isaac's mother.

Castiel saw a few demons holding onto Kelly, who was kicking and screaming. Castiel blocked a hit to his face and grabbed one by the throat before smiting him. Then as the other one was about to hurt Kelly, it fell over and died. Castiel looked over at Dean with his gun raised.

"Get Kelly safe," Dean commanded, "I gotta find Lisa!"

Castiel nodded as Dean searched through the house some more. He found her whimpering and crying in the bathtub. She was shaking fearfully with her face covered. Dean rushed in and covered her with a towel.

"Hey, Lisa," Dean whispered, "It's Dean... You're okay. You're safe."

Lisa shook as Dean finally noticed she soaked through her sleeping pants. At a closer glance, he realized her water broke but also she was bleeding heavily.

"I think... The baby is coming," Lisa whispered, her teeth chattering.

Dean nodded and set her down.

"Okay... Okay," Dean said, calling the one person he thought would know about helping a pregnant woman give birth.

"Hello," Elena said groggily, "Dean?"

"I need help," Dean said, "I need you to tell me how to help a woman give birth. Like right now!!"

Elena's grogginess seemed to vanish as she sat up, making Damon look over.

"Is it happening," Elena asked.

"A lot is happening tonight, Elena," Dean hissed, his frustration getting the better of him, "Give me instructions before she gets worse!"

Elena put him on speaker and recalled her notes from taking college courses in nursing.

"Okay, um, make sure she's comfortable and in a good position for her and the baby," Elena said, "Also make sure her legs are open."

Dean put her on speaker as well. Damon heard yelling in the background of Dean's phone.

"I'm gonna let Sam know," Damon said, getting out of bed.

Elena nodded and continued giving instructions.

Klaus found Hayley being held down by three demons. One had a knife ready to cut her open to retrieve Hope if need be.

"GET AWAY FROM HER," Klaus shouted, trying to gain their attention.

Two of the demons went after him. Klaus sliced one across the stomach and then hit his chest. He used his body to shield the oncoming attack from another. Then stabbed him in the throat. He ran up to the final one, who held him back with her powers. He hung frozen against the wall, yelling at her to stop as Hayley cried out in pain.

Suddenly the demon screeched as she was lit on fire, killing her. Hayley sat up her eyes tinted blood orange and her veins glowing around her eyes. She glanced at Klaus and then passed out. Klaus ran up to her and began carrying her out.

"I got you, Hayley," Klaus said, trying to keep her alive.

He ran to Mikaelson's mansion, which wasn't far from where he was. He kicked in the door and shouted for help. Rebekah, Kol, and Elijah ran downstairs at hearing their brother shouts.

"I need help," Klaus said, "She's about to give birth and I don't know what I'm doing."

Rebekah began instructing Klaus on what she needed to help her. Thankfully, she's been a nurse before she has some idea. Elijah and Kol helped out where they could as well.

Lucien found Veronica being cut open. He charged at the demon, shoving the angel blade through his chest and tearing out his throat. He shoved him over and looked at Veronica.

"Are you okay," Lucien asked.

"The baby," Veronica said, "He's coming."

Lucien's eyes widened and he picked her up. He carried her back to the safe house. Sam and Rowena were inside with Eileen.

"Lucien?"

"Please, tell me one of you knows how to help a woman give birth," Lucien said.

Rowena knelt down to help. She's done this before so she has an idea of how to help.

Meanwhile, Castiel was helping Kelly with Gabriel. The process seemed to take an eternity as the four mothers struggled to have the children.

Once the clock struck midnight, Hope, Jack, Isaac, and Stiles were born into the world and their mothers died within minutes.