Chapter 19- Some Old Friends

Dean woke up to see himself sleeping alone. He assumed Castiel left before daylight since his clothes were gone. Dean got up and gathered clothes for a quick shower. He did his hygiene, enjoying the warm water then headed downstairs.

"Klaus," Dean said, making him turn, "Can we talk?"

Klaus glanced at Elijah and followed him.

"Yes," Klaus asked, walking outside with him.

"Why am I here," Dean asked.

"Was my story not enough," Klaus asked.

Dean grabbed his shirt and pushed him against a nearby tree.

"Stop fucking with me," Dean snapped, "Tell me the truth!"

Klaus grabbed his hands and pushed him back.

"You're angry," Klaus said.

"Yes, I am," Dean snapped, "So tell me the truth!"

"Why," Klaus asked, noticing his anger wasn't meant for him, "Who pissed you off to make you act out?"

"Klaus..."

"Tell me," Klaus said, "And I will deal with them."

Dean stared at him before finally lowering his head.

"No one," Dean said, "It's just my whole life is a lie and now I can't tell who's telling me the truth... Or who just wants something from me. So if you want something then tell me and I'll be on my way!"

Klaus huffed as he finally started getting an idea of who was the cause of this anger.

"Damon made you angry when he visited last night, didn't he," Klaus asked.

"What...?"

"Just tell me," Klaus said, his voice calm, "I can't help you if you won't talk to me."

"Yeah," Dean scoffed, "What do you know? My own father wants me for my blood. Sadly, I'm surprised."

Klaus knitted his eyebrows a little before walking closer to him.

"Sitting on your rage will not do you any good," Klaus said, "I have a job that needs to get done. You are free to join me if you wish."

Klaus went inside and after a moment, Dean followed him.

Dean finished his sandwich as Klaus drove to the 'job' he had to do.

"So who are we meeting," Dean asked.

"An old friend," Klaus said, stopping at a red light, "He has something that belongs to me."

"Why am I here," Dean asked, "If it's only him, wouldn't you be able to handle this alone?"

"Usually I would. But he never comes alone," Klaus said, parking, "Stay close."

Klaus and Dean went to a hotel-looking building. Klaus gave his name to the person at the door, allowing them inside. They took the elevator up to a room and knocked. Soon a man with a woman at his arm opened the door. He smiled cheerfully at Klaus.

"Klaus Mikaelson," he said, "Who's your friend? Or is he a food source?"

"He's a friend, Lucien," Klaus said, "May we come in?"

"By all means," Lucien smirked, stepping aside.

He eyed Dean as he stepped in.

"I'm assuming you're here for a reason," Lucien asked, "Since you never visit anymore."