Chapter 1- Adopted

Dean stared at the DNA results in his hands. His mouth gaped open in disbelief. He never wanted to believe it... He always thought John Winchester was his father. But the test held a different result. As he thought back, he realized that it sorta made sense in its own depressing way. Still, why hasn't John spoken up about it?

"Dean..."

Dean quickly shoved the papers in his pocket and turned.

"Hey, what's up," Dean said, putting on a mask.

"I was gonna go shopping," Sam said, "You need anything?"

"Nope," Dean said, shaking his head, "Have fun. Be safe!"

Sam nodded slowly and left out the door. Dean listened to the car engine start up before racing to Sam's room. He grabbed his laptop and opened the browser. He had begun to search for a specific name... Damon Salvatore. It can't be that bad, right? He found a news article that dated back to over 60 years old. Damon Salvatore fought in a war... Damon Salvatore was last seen... Damon Salvatore was presumed dead... Of course... Of fucking course! His father was dead... His biological dad was dead, which is why he never showed up... What did Dean expect from looking him up?

"Well, at least you're handsome," Dean chuckled lightly, trying to cheer himself up.

He looked up as much information as he could on the Salvatore family. He wrote down everything he found and finally saw a town that apparently had a house belonging to the Salvatore family line... Mystic Falls.

"Hello, Salvatore Boarding House," Dean said, "Something tells me this family line got money..."

"Dean?"

Dean felt his heart skip a beat. He wasn't paying attention to his surroundings. Dean turned around to see Sam setting bags down while staring at him in confusion.

"You aren't looking up porn again, are you," Sam asked.

"No... No, of course not," Dean said, closing the laptop, "Uh, what you buy? Did you get any pie?"

"You said you didn't need anything," Sam said, looking through the bag.

"If I say I don't need anything it usually means if you see pie get it," Dean sassed.

"I didn't find any pie, but I got some cake," Sam smiled, holding up the carrot cake.

"It's not the same," Dean said, shaking his head in disapproval.

"It's close..."

"How about I cut your hair to look like mine and I'll call it close enough," Dean sassed, "I mean it's still hair, right?"

Sam threw him a Winchester bitchface. Dean shrugged it off, silently knowing he wasn't wrong. Sam walked over and grabbed his laptop.

"What are you looking up," Sam asked, opening it.

"Nothing!"

"Mystic Falls," Sam said, "Salvatore family inheritance? Damon Salvatore? What is all this?"

"Just research," Dean said, grabbing a bag, "I'm gonna make something to eat. You hungry?"

"Do you think there is something worth investigating in Mystic Falls or something," Sam asked, ignoring the food offer.

"Nah. It's just stupid," Dean said, "How does cheeseburgers for dinner sound? Or Winchester surprise?"

"I don't know, Dean," Sam said, sitting down, "There seem to be quite a few animal attacks and freak accidents going on in this town. Maybe we should check it out?"

Dean went silent and sighed deeply.

"Sure," Dean said, walking to grab some needed items for a hunt.

Sam went to gather his belongings too. Inside the car, Sam put the carrot cake on Dean's lap with an amused smile. Dean rolled his eyes.

"I don't find you funny," Dean sassed, starting Baby up and driving away.