Chapter 65- Too Many Sacrifices

Stefan held Damon as he cried on Elena's corpse. Dean was walking by when Isaac called him.

"Dean? Where's my Dad," Isaac asked, turning to him.

Dean looked at him in pity. Isaac's face slowly changed as he realized Lucien was dead.

"Tell me he's alive," Isaac said, "Please tell me, he's not dead. Tell me, my father isn't dead! Tell me he's not gone! Please..."

Isaac sunk to the floor as tears fell from his eyes. Dean caught him in his arms and held him.

"It's okay," Dean whispered, feeling Isaac cling to him.

Isaac cried loudly as Dean stroked his hair. Elena, Alaric, Lucien, Eileen, and Matt are all dead because of one vampire.

Klaus took Isaac from Dean's arms, allowing him to get up and find Sam. He saw him outside, preparing a hunter's funeral with Caroline.

"Sam," Dean called out, making him glance back, "Mind if I help?"

"Not at all."

Dean gathered wood and placed them on the pile. They finished and placed Eileen, Lucien, Matt, and Alaric on the pile.

Jeremy gave the okay for Alaric to have the hunter's funeral. Damon didn't want Elena on there though. He wasn't ready to let her go yet. Dean and Sam understood how he felt. But then again, death is something that they have gotten used to over the years. It seemed to rarely effect them on the outside, yet on the inside, their hearts cried out to those they lost.

"Boys," Damon said, bringing Elena's body, "Is there room for... For her?"

"Yeah," Sam said, grabbing Elena from his arms.

He set her beside Alaric as everyone gathered to pay respects to the fallen. Bonnie lit the fire ablaze with her magic. They all stared at the fire from a distance as the people they loved went up in flames.

"This isn't fair," Jack whispered, feeling more tears resurface.

Castiel grabbed Jack's shoulders and held him close. Dean sighed, knowing Jack was right. None of this was fair. But what could they do about it?

Elijah glanced over at Tristan, who couldn't even look at the fire.

Lucien and him have gotten somewhat close over the years. Although they seem to dislike each other their relationship was actually quite friendly.

He walked over and grabbed his hand before placing it on his lips in a kiss. Tristan looked at Elijah and huddled closer to him.

Dean saw Gabriel and Rowena comforting Sam. Stefan and Damon comfort each other. Klaus was being comforted by Kol and Rebekah. He was happy they all had someone to hold and reassure them at least. He looked over to see Isaac standing with Hope and Stiles.

"Where's Derek," Dean asked, walking over to them.

"He said he needed some time alone," Stiles said in almost a whisper, "I'm so sorry, Dad."

"You didn't know," Dean said, shaking his head, "None of us knew this would happen."

Soon everyone began filing away from the fire, except Dean. He stayed behind and watched the blaze continue for a while. He stared into the fire with a blank expression. Then he felt body heat beside him. He looked over to see Castiel, Klaus, Damon, Stefan, and Sam standing with him.