Chapter 44- Soft Klaus

The next day, Dean was shaken awake. He sat up, ready to attack until he saw Castiel's eyes.

"What is it, Cas," Dean asked, "What time is it?"

"6 in the morning," Castiel said, "But, Dean, I thought maybe you knew... Where are the kids?"

Dean's face shifted to full-blown panic. He got up and went to the empty cribs. He turned to see Klaus and Lucien gone.

"Where are they," Dean asked, talking about Klaus and Lucien.

"They went looking for the kids too," Castiel said, "I was hoping you would know."

"No, I don't," Dean said, "I've been asleep most of the time. They couldn't have gone far, right?"

"Not likely."

"I'll call everyone to help look for them," Dean said.

"Klaus called his siblings for help as well," Castiel said.

Dean pulled out his cell phone and told Sam what was happening. He went to Damon's room and then Stefan's to tell them the same. They hadn't seen the kids either.

"Dammit," Dean growled, running outside, "Stiles! Hope! Isaac! Jack!"

He raced around, looking for any signs that they were taken. There were no shows of forced entry anywhere. Also with Klaus, Lucien, and Castiel, it would be damn near impossible for anyone to sneak in and kidnap the babies. Dean got in his car when his phone started ringing.

"Bonnie," Dean said, "Please tell me you got something."

"You're gonna want to come over," Bonnie said, "All of you, right now."

Dean told Castiel what Bonnie said in a short prayer to save time. He raced over to her and Enzo's home while calling Klaus and Lucien to let them know. They arrived at the same time everyone else did. All of them were in a panic, including Klaus's siblings. Bonnie walked outside with her hands up. She made a motion telling them to keep quiet. Then had them walk inside.

Dean knitted his eyebrows as he saw Stiles, Isaac, Jack, and Hope all asleep on the sofa beside Enzo. Except they weren't babies anymore. They looked around the ages of 13-14 years old. Klaus noticed how all of them were covered by individual blankets to hide their bodies as well. Dean turned to Bonnie in question, which made her step outside with him following.

"What happened," Dean asked, hearing Castiel close behind him.

"I don't know," Bonnie said, shaking her head, "I woke up to the sound of knocking on my front door. I opened it and they were all standing there, naked and cold. I gave them blankets because I didn't know they were your kids until I received a call from Damon. I asked their names and they told me Stiles, Isaac, Jack, and Hope. Dean, I'm freaking out right now!"

Dean took a deep breath and scratched the back of his head. Honestly speaking, she wasn't the only one freaking out.

"Okay, why would they come here," Dean said, shaking his head, "That is also confusing to me."

Bonnie shrugged as she truly didn't know the answer that either.

"And Enzo," Dean asked, noticing they all were asleep beside him.

"He was reading them a story and singing to them before they fell asleep," Bonnie explained.

"Okay, thanks Bonnie," Dean said.

"No problem," Bonnie said, "If I had known beforehand they were yours then I would've called earlier."

"I know," Dean said, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Dad?"

Dean turned his head to see Stiles still wrapped in a blanket staring at him. He walked up to him slowly.

"Stiles," Dean said, "Hey, kiddo."

Stiles stared at him for a moment.

"You're worried," Stiles said.

"You gave me a scare," Dean said, "You and your siblings taking off like that. It scared me. I thought something happened to you guys."

Stiles knitted his eyebrows in guilt.

"We wanted to look around the city a little," Stiles said, "But you, Klaus, and Lucien were asleep. We didn't want to wake you up. So we went out on our own. We're sorry. We didn't mean to make you upset."

Dean gave a gentle smile and hugged him.

"I'm just glad you all are okay," Dean whispered, feeling Stiles hug him back, "Let's go home so we can get you some actual clothes."

Stiles looked down at his blanket before looking at Bonnie.

"Thank you for helping us," Stiles said, "Here."

Bonnie got closer and Stiles held out his hand. A flower bloomed in his hand before he gave it to her. He smiled and went to retrieve his siblings.

Stiles, Hope, Jack, and Isaac were fully dressed after they got home. Lucien, Dean, Klaus, and Castiel talked amongst themselves as the kids all sat with Stefan and Damon.

"So our kids are teenagers now," Dean said, "Which means... We should probably enroll them in school or something. Why are they teenagers again?"

"Nephilim can progress their age if desired," Castiel said, "Perhaps they all decided to progress their ages."

"Why now," Klaus asked, "What do they know? What do sense that we don't?"

"Maybe they don't sense anything," Lucien said, "Nephilim have angel radio, don't they? Maybe they heard something we didn't."

"If they heard something then I should have too," Castiel said, "So should Gabriel. That wouldn't make sense."

"Stiles is supposed to be a reincarnation of the past Stiles though," Dean said, "He doesn't act like it much."

"He sure looks like him," Klaus said, glancing at him, "He looks exactly like my Stiles."

Dean rubbed his forehead, making his hair fall in his face from leaning down. He was supposed to cut his hair a while ago, so it's grown quite longer than it should have. At this point, his hair almost matches Sam's length.

"Well it's not like we're going to give them up," Dean said, "They're our kids. We're their fathers. We made a promise to raise them, not only to their mothers but to them."

"I agree," Castiel said, "We should keep taking care of them as our own."

"Me too," Lucien said.

They looked at Klaus for his response. He glanced at their faces.

"Hope looked me in my eye and called me Papa," Klaus said, "There's no way in hell I'm letting anyone tell me that isn't my daughter. So yes, I'm in."

They all playfully grinned at Klaus.

"What?"

"You've gotten soft, Klaus," Dean teased.

"I will kill you in your sleep," Klaus said, rolling his eyes.

"Aw, he's so cute," Lucien taunted.

"Not this again," Klaus muttered, shaking his head.

Klaus got up to hide in the bathroom. They started laughing at seeing his cheeks tinted pink a little before closing the door.