Chapter 15- The First Vampire Child

Dean's finger hovered over Damon's contact number as he held his phone. He wanted to call him and apologize for what he said to Damon but he thought maybe he should continue to wait it out. Dean sighed as he realized he was having an internal struggle with his stubbornness.

"Trouble in paradise," Klaus asked, making Dean look up.

"More like unnecessary family drama," Dean grumbled, setting his phone down, "So where do we start? How does this work? Do you need another vial of blood?"

"No," Klaus smirked, "The blood we currently have should be enough for a while."

"What are you planning on doing with it," Dean asked, glancing at Klaus, "I never got to ask you before."

"That's a secret," Klaus said, "And one I plan on keeping to myself."

"How was my birth possible," Dean asked, "You mentioned you only met one other vampire child in your lifetime. So how is this possible. Vampires can't procreate."

"There are rare instances that they do," Klaus said, "As with that vampire child."

"What's her name," Dean asked, "Or his?"

"His name was Mieczyslaw but everyone called him Stiles," Klaus said, "He was something extraordinary."

"Where is he now," Dean asked.

Klaus lifted his eyes to meet Dean's.

"He's dead," Klaus said, "He died after a certain werewolf decided to test the limits of his body. They sold his blood, bones, and body parts until Stiles was nothing more than a puddle of blood. The poor kid never stood a chance."

Dean took a shaky breath as he got a mental image. Is that what's going to happen to him? Are people going to try to buy his blood and bones until he has nothing left on him?

"Why would you protect me," Dean asked, knowing Klaus could currently be making a hefty profit off of him, "You don't even know me."

"Because I couldn't protect him," Klaus said, deep in thought, "I made a promise and I failed to keep it. At his funeral, I gave him a new promise. That was to protect the next vampire child I ever met. This time, I don't plan on failing him again."

Dean stared at Klaus for a moment.

"Who was he to you," Dean asked, now intrigued by the story.

Klaus looked at Dean with grief in his gaze before his eyes went dull.

"No one," Klaus said, "I assume you're hungry. Lunch is almost ready."

Then he walked away. Dean watched him with his eyes until he got up to follow. He went to the hallway and slowly walked downstairs. Dean needed to know more about this Stiles, and maybe if he looked around...

"Going somewhere?"

Dean flinched slightly at seeing Kol smirking at him.

"Nope," Dean said, turning around.

"Word of advice, Dean Salvatore," Kol said, "Don't poke your nose where it doesn't belong. Especially here, understand?"

Dean gave a short nod and Kol watched him go back to his room.