Chapter 43- Playing Peek-A-Boo

Dean got off the phone with Caroline, who agreed to help get a diaper bag. He walked to the living room to see Klaus playing peek-a-boo with Stiles. Dean watched them for a moment with a smile. Soon Stiles was smiling at Klaus. Klaus chuckled at his smile until he looked up and saw Dean watching. He quickly stopped playing with him.

"Hey, I noticed Stiles was up," Klaus said, "Hope was still asleep so I... Don't tell anyone about this."

"What? The big, bad hybrid playing peek-a-boo with a baby," Dean teased.

Klaus glared at Dean.

"I mean it, Dean," Klaus snapped, picking Stiles up in his arms, "Keep that between us."

"Okay," Dean said, taking Stiles from him, "Thanks for keeping him entertained while I made a phone call."

Klaus half shrugged and turned to check on Hope. Dean grabbed his arm and pulled him into a kiss.

"Seriously, thank you, Klaus," Dean said.

"You're welcome," Klaus said, licking his lips.

Klaus checked on Hope, who was still fast asleep thankfully.

A little later in the day, all the kids were up and Lucien, Klaus, Dean, and Castiel were working together.

"Got another bottle made," Lucien said, tossing it towards Klaus.

He caught it smoothly and began feeding the fussy baby Hope in his arms. She soon quieted down.

"Dishes are done," Dean said.

"Glad to hear it because Stiles has a dirty diaper," Klaus said, nodding to him.

Dean groaned and went to pick him up. He grabbed the diaper bag filled with the needed items thanks to Caroline and Elena. Castiel was leaving the bathroom with Jack as he walked in.

"How was it," Dean asked, turning to him briefly.

"It was fine," Castiel said, talking about bathing Jack in the baby tub, "But it felt a bit unnecessary."

"Should we try a gentle shower instead," Dean asked.

"Depends on how gentle you can make the shower," Castiel said, noticing Jack beginning to cry.

Dean let him go as he went to change Stiles. Castiel walked into the living room.

"Do we have a baby bottle," Castiel asked.

Lucien held one up before tossing it to him. Castiel caught it and fed Jack, making him quiet down.

"Hey, you guys okay," Sam asked, walking inside, "I was going to head out."

"Yeah," Castiel said, glancing at Sam, "We're okay. I'll let Dean know you left."

"Isaac is crying," Klaus said, "Where's Isaac's pacifier?"

Lucien looked up as he realized he didn't exactly know. Isaac started crying louder and Lucien went to pick him up. He started looking for his pacifier while rocking Isaac. It didn't quiet him down though. Soon he found it on the floor, by his crib. Klaus took it and cleaned it off for Lucien. Then he handed it back in which Lucien placed it in Isaac's mouth, making him go silent. Then Lucien noticed Isaac also had a dirty diaper.

"Son of a..."

Lucien went to the bathroom.

"Almost done in there, Dean," Lucien asked.

Dean walked out with Stiles cleaned up and handed the bag over to Lucien. Lucien went inside, closing the door behind him. Dean grabbed Stiles's pacifier and placed it in his mouth.

By the time, the clock struck 8 in the evening, the house was quiet. The babies were finally asleep. Dean, Lucien, and Klaus plopped on the couch together as Castiel fixed dinner.

"I'm exhausted," Dean mumbled.

"Aren't you supposed to be eating a lot and sleeping after fighting those demons," Lucien asked.

"I would but I need to take care of Stiles," Dean said, yawning.

"So you've been starving yourself and lacking sleep," Klaus asked.

"I'm a father, guys," Dean said, "Sometimes sacrifices must be made."

"Get some sleep," Castiel said, walking up to them with plates, "I'll keep your food in the microwave."

"Sounds good," Dean muttered, falling asleep as soon as he closed his eyes.

"So we keep this going until they're in grade school," Klaus asked.

"For now," Castiel sighed, "Hopefully, it won't be that bad."

"My only fear is the teenager phase," Lucien sighed, "I don't know how I'm going to make it through that."

"Well, you won't exactly be alone in it," Klaus smirked, "We'll be sitting there with you... Nephilim don't get periods, right?"

Castiel knitted his eyebrows as he truly didn't know.

"Oh, crap..."