Chapter 16- Trying To Help

Damon was walking to his car when he heard someone call his name. He turned around to see Sam walking up with Eileen beside him.

"Sam, I wasn't expecting to see you," Damon said, his eyes briefly darting to Eileen and back.

"I hope you don't mind," Sam said, "I know I'm not Dean but I wanted to spend some time here..."

"You're still my son," Damon reassured, "When I called you both my sons, I meant it. I'm not gonna have Dean as my kid and not you as well, Sam. You're free to stay here but who's your friend?"

"This is Eileen," Sam introduced, "She's my girlfriend. Eileen, this is Damon. He's Dean's biological father."

"Nice to meet you," Eileen said.

Damon tilted his head as he noticed her voice.

"You speak sign language," Damon asked.

"Yes," Eileen said, signing as well.

"Nice to meet you too," Damon said, signing his greeting.

Sam grinned as he saw Eileen's eyes light up.

"You are very good at it," Eileen asked, signing to him.

"I had a lot of time on my hands over the years," Damon responded, signing to her.

Damon turned to Sam.

"I'll be back but Elena is inside with Stefan and Jeremy so you can knock on the door," Damon said.

"Where are you going," Sam asked.

"To run an errand," Damon smiled, "See you later."

"Alright," Sam said, waving.

"He seems nice," Eileen said to Sam.

"Yeah, he is," Sam said, knocking on the door.

Damon sat in his car, waiting for someone to arrive. He looked over as the door unlocked and Enzo got in.

"You would be stupid enough to keep your doors unlocked, wouldn't you," Enzo asked.

"Only for you, Enzo," Damon teased, "I got to piss you off sometimes."

Enzo smirked as Damon started the car.

"So we go meet Kai then what," Enzo asked, "From the sounds of it, he's not gonna hand over any information without some kind of payment."

"We give him payment then," Damon said, "I have to make a stop first."

Damon parked across the street at the Mikaelson mansion. He called Dean on his cell phone and waited for a response.

"Hello," Dean answered.

"Hey, Dean," Damon said, "Listen, uh, this is gonna sound really strange. I know we had a falling out recently but can we talk?"

"Sure," Dean said, a bit of relief in his voice, "When?"

"Right now," Damon said, "I'm outside."

Dean put on his jacket and went outside to meet Damon. He saw him across the street and walked over.

"Damon..."

Dean froze as he saw another person with him. He knitted his eyebrows in confusion.

"This is Enzo," Damon introduced, "He's a friend of mine."

"Hi," Dean said, turning back to Damon, "What's up?"

"I..."

"First, I'm really glad you called," Dean said, smiling, "I know I was an asshole before but listen, I'll make it up to you. I promise, okay? I do see you as my father. You are my father. That hasn't changed and I didn't mean it... I was pissed off. But I never meant it."

Damon nodded slowly.

"That's good to hear," Damon said, "I wanted to ask you for something."

"What is it," Dean asked, scratching his chin.

Damon caught sight of the Salvatore ring Rowena made. It only made the request a bit more difficult to ask of him. He took a deep breath.

"A vial of blood," Damon said, forcing the words out of his mouth, "I need some of your blood."

Dean felt his face fall. After that, he felt his heart shatter a bit. Here he thought Damon showed up because he cared but he only needed his blood. He should've known better.

"It's really important and if I had time to explain, I..."

"No need," Dean said, his tone cold.

He pulled out a pocket knife to cut his hand. Damon placed a small cup underneath to catch it. Dean bled into the cup and then used his shirt to cover the wound. Damon was about to offer him a bandage but Dean refused.

"I don't want it," Dean said.

"You're gonna stain your shirt," Damon said, "This will help stop..."

"I don't want anything you have to offer me," Dean said, his tone changing to anger, "You got your blood. Now you can go!"

Dean turned around and went back inside.

"I'm sorry," Damon breathed as he closed the door.

He blinked rapidly and got in the car. Enzo got in as well.

"So is he your..."

"I don't want to talk about it," Damon said, driving away.

Author Note: There will be smut on the next chapter.