Chapter 41- Promises To A Dying Mother

Klaus's phone rang as he stared at the baby in his arms. His mind felt numb as he recalled the moments leading up to Hope being born.

"I can't leave Hope," Hayley cried, "I can't leave her... Klaus, she needs someone to look after her."

Klaus grabbed Hayley's hands.

"I will," Klaus said, "I promise. I will look out for her. I will raise and take care of her as if she was my own daughter. I promise you, Hayley. Hope will be okay. I'll keep her safe for you."

Hayley gave one last push as Hope began crying. She held her for a brief moment as her heart began to shut down.

"Thank you, Klaus," Hayley smiled.

The light of life in her eyes went dull as she passed away in peace, knowing Klaus would take care of her daughter.

"Nik," Kol said, "Are you gonna answer your phone?"

Klaus looked up and grabbed his cell phone.

"Hello," Klaus said.

"Klaus, hey. Are you okay," Dean asked, "Where are you?"

"Home," Klaus said, "I have Hope... Hayley is gone though. I couldn't save her."

Dean knitted his eyebrows.

"Klaus, Nephilim birth always kills the mother," Dean said, trying to find some way to comfort him, "There was nothing you could've done."

"I promised to raise Hope and take care of her," Klaus said.

"I guess that makes four of us," Dean said, smiling.

"Four?"

"We all made the same promise to the mothers," Dean said, "We are now fathers, Klaus. I never thought I would ever hear myself say that out loud."

Klaus chuckled lightly.

"Should we maybe stay in the safe house," Klaus asked.

"At the moment, the safe house wouldn't really be the best spot," Dean said, looking at the blood stains, "It needs a major clean up here. Although I do think the kids should stay together. I mean they are siblings."

Klaus agreed and took a deep breath.

"I'll meet up with you," Klaus said, getting up.

"Okay," Dean said, "We'll be waiting."

Dean hung up and sighed deeply as he held Stiles in his arms.

"Hey, big guy," Dean smiled, looking at Stiles, "Are you okay? You're probably hungry, huh?"

Sam walked into the room with a made baby bottle. Dean took the bottle and fed Stiles. Sam watched him with a smile as Dean rocked from side-to-side slowly. Castiel walked in with baby Jack in his arms.

"Am I holding him right," Castiel asked.

Dean looked up and nodded.

"Yep," Dean said, "You got it, buddy."

Castiel smiled and looked at Jack.

"Lucien," Dean asked.

"Putting Isaac to sleep," Castiel said, "He's already been fed and clothed."