Chapter 25- Grounded

Dean was quietly sitting on rocks, looking out in the distance when he heard footsteps get closer. He turned around and saw Castiel.

"Hey, Cas," Dean said, "I'm guessing I'm asleep right now?"

"Yes. I rather not wake you to talk. You need sleep," Castiel said, looking at the mountains, "I heard your prayer as well. How come you didn't mention your fatigue?"

"My what?"

Castiel looked at him with knowing eyes. Dean sighed deeply, mentally kicking himself for forgetting Castiel's unusual ability to catch him in a lie.

"It wasn't important," Dean said, "I miss you."

"I know. I'm still working to find out what's going on in heaven. They claim that Lucifer is up to something," Castiel said, "Once I get a bigger picture, I'll let you know what I find... Lucien Castle?"

"Yeah," Dean chuckled, "I'm just as surprised as you are..."

"I'm not that surprised," Castiel smirked, "He seems like the type to be attracted to you."

"Really," Dean said, rolling his eyes, "What about you? Are you enjoying yourself?"

Dean winked for extra emphasis on the 'enjoying' part.

"Marcel and Benny are helpful," Castiel said.

"You and Benny," Dean asked, "That's a shocker to hear."

"He seems to like when I take charge," Castiel said, "Kind of like you..."

Dean got a bit flustered as he remembered those moments.

"Where is he," Dean asked, knowing Castiel helped Benny once they left purgatory, "I keep forgetting to ask you."

"He works with Marcel," Castiel said, "He seems content with being able to stay a vampire and working under someone. Also, Marcel is a good leader. He really helped Benny feel welcome in his team."

Dean made a mental note to call Marcel and thank him for taking Benny in.

"When will you give him a solid answer," Castiel asked, going back to the topic of Lucien, "He seems quite serious about being with you."

"Are you okay with it?"

"Dean, if I wasn't, we would be talking in person," Castiel said, "Not in a dream. I plan on visiting him in his sleep after you. So... Are you interested?"

"I think he will be a nice addition," Dean said, "I already have an idea of what he likes."

"I'll be sure to visit him then," Castiel said.

Dean stood up and kissed Castiel. It felt real enough to satisfy him for now.

"Make sure you get enough rest after hunting," Castiel said, "Also remember you belong to me first."

Dean touched his own neck, feeling a collar that was actually in his bag.

"I will never forget that, Cas," Dean said, displaying his collar, "I can promise you that."