Ch 26 - A Great Sacrifice.

Now Chandrakanta was busy with surya. She made milk for him, fed him, applied oil in his body and nandini also took care of him.

"What is my little surya doing?"Suryakanta said while coming there.

She played with him.

"It's been 3 weeks and he looks so grown up",she said.

"Kids are like this only because they grow very fast. That's why we should live every moment of their childhood",Chandrakanta said.

Mohini came there and played with surya, hugged him, then suddenly he started crying.

"I think I should feed him",Chandrakanta said and breastfeed him. Suryakanta went from the room and said in her mind "I also want to have a child, I also want to feed him, hug him and see him growing . When will I be a mother?"

She went to the doctor for a health checkup and was anxious to know if she could be a mother or not. The doctor said that she can't be a mother , she is infertile. Suryakanta was heartbroken. She went back home crying and when she reached home she saw Nandini playing with surya and feeding him baby food. Nandini saw Suryakanta crying .

"What happened, Suryakanta?"she asked.

"I can't be a mother, I will not have any child whom I can say mine",suryakanta said .

"Why are you saying so?"

"Because I went to the doctor and he told me I'm infertile from my reports".

Suryakanta went running to the temple of the house.

"Hey bholenath, why ? why?!!"Suryakanta said to the lord shiva's idol, "why did you give me such a big punishment ? Why can't I have a child ? i also want a child who would call me maa who would love me". Chandrakanta and Nandini heard this and saw their sister devastated . Chandrakanta took surya and went near suryakanta.

"Suryakanta take your child", Chandrakanta said.

"What ?"Suryakanta asked.

"Yes, take surya , he would be your son".

"But he is your son , you have given birth to him".

"Yes I know but I have Mohini as my daughter and Surya will be your son from now".

"I can't take your son like this, he is your son".

"Suryakanta, I'm giving my son to you. I'm his Devaki maa and you are his yashoda, krishna was with yashoda not Devaki".

"But.."

"I , Chandrakanta , sister of naag rani from all my heart and soul, break my tie with surya as a mother and hand him to Suryakanta".

Then Chandrakanta gave surya to Suryakanta and said , "I have given you my child as per the naag lok rules and now legally I would do the same".

"But it would take time till then he is yours",suryakanta said.

"No he is your form now he is now my nephew",Chandrakanta said and kissed surya's forehead, "suryakanta's son surya".

Chandrakanta had tears in his eyes but was also happy to see her sister happy. Suryakanta and chadrakanta hugged each other.

"You are really great, Chandrakanta",Nandini said and hugged her.

Veer also saw everything and he fell on Chandrakanta's feet, "thank you , thank you for this great sacrifice".

"Veer, you are like my brother pls don't fall on my feet",Chandrakanta said and hugged him. Then Suryakanta took Surya to the shiv temple . Nandini, Chandrakanta and Mohini also went with her.

She fell on her knees near lord shiva's feet and prayed, "i know a naagin's child would be a naag but i pray to you lord that please make him a human , a naag or naagin's life is too hectic and risky and i know what happens to a naga or naagin if he is the savior of naag mani and so will be my son if he will become a naag but i don't want him to be a naag please mahadev i pray to you".

Then she gave a bath to surya from the milk kept beside the shivalinga and again dressed him. After some weeks Suryakanta got the custody of Surya and then Veer got a job so they all had to leave for there. Suryakanta took surya also. Chandrakanta saw surya the last time and after they left she cried a lot.