𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 44 - 𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑇𝑜 𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝑌𝑜𝑟𝑘

Your Pov:

Once you arrived in New York, you both stayed at a hotel that was near the branch of the bakery. But before anything else, you knew you had to tell Amelia—before she finds out from somebody else—your true identity. You sat her down the couch, your seriousness making her slightly nervous.

"Why are you so serious? You're starting to scare me.." She laughed nervously, trying to read your face as much as she could. You took a deep breath then proceeded, "Remember when I refused to tell you all who I was before I arrived in town?" She nodded. "Well it's time. I'm finally ready to tell you all about it" She looked quite surprised but nodded for you to continue.

"But before that, I just wanna know. Nothing will change between us, right? I don't want to throw away our entire friendship just because of my stupid backstory" She scoffed at you and patted your shoulder. "I'm not naive. I know that you might've had quite a past for you to refuse to talk about it. Don't worry, I'm a very understanding person" She smiled, squeezing your shoulder.

And so then you informed her about the life you have here in America. She didn't quite believe you at first when you told her you were famous but when you showed the pictures, articles, interviews, she had to believe it. You then proceeded to tell her about Lizzie. About the two of you, your relationship, and what you used to have.

"So that's why you always doze off..you're always thinking about that," You nodded. "so are you gonna find her? Lizzie?" It was then you tore your eyes away from hers, lowering your gaze to your fingers.

"I- I don't know..If she's happy with her fiancee then I won't...but if she's still waiting for me, even after a whole year has passed, maybe, I will..." She understood your feelings, sitting with you in silence for a while.

"So now that I know you're famous.." You looked at her confused "can I get an autograph?" She asked, batting her lashes at you making you roll your eyes.

"Just this once I'm allowing this" You stated, making her squeal in excitement.

***

Amelia had to leave for a bit to meet with the sponsor, leaving you all alone in the suite. You took that opportunity to start your journey. With your new phone, you typed in Aleisha's number, staring at it for a few seconds before dialing. The phone rang once, twice, then beep!

"Hello?" You heard her. God I missed this bitch. "Hey..Aleisha," There was a pause on her part, scaring you into thinking she'll drop the call.

"I'm sorry, who's this?" You could tell how confused she was. "It's me, you're dumb shit best friend" You closed your eyes in anticipation, waiting for her reaction.

"I- Y/N..is it really you?" Her voice changed quickly, turning from confused to sympathetic. "Yeah, It's really me.." Your heart broke thinking about all the pain she might've gone through. You knew it was wrong, leaving your whole life behind just like that. You had been really selfish. But you have been selfless your entire life. It was time to finally take care of yourself.

"Where are you?! Are you okay? I thought you were dead, you dumb fvck!" You couldn't help but laugh. Now this, this is the reaction I was expecting.

"I'm very much alive and well. And I'm back here in New York"

"Where in New York? Are you alone?" You pinched the bridge of your nose to prevent yourself from laughing out loud. "I'm actually not. I'm with a friend, we're staying at a hotel at the moment" Without even seeing her, you knew she had her eyebrows raised. "And this friend is..?"

"Just a friend. Nothing more, nothing less. Can we..can we meet up?" You tried not to sound too hopeful but who were you kidding, it's Aleisha. You bestest friend of all.

"Of course! The coffee shop?" You hesitated. You didn't really wanna be seen by the public just yet. "Sure..tomorrow, brunch, is that alright?" There was silence on her side, assuming she just went and checked her schedule.

"Yup that's good. I'll see you then, It's really nice to know you're alive. I can finally sleep peacefully" You laughed, your heart swelling with her words. "It's good to hear you voice as well. And you might wanna save this number 'cause my old phone sort of got wet so.."

"I'm not even gonna ask how that happened. I'll see you tomorrow.."

"I'll see you too. And you can call her...I know she told you to call her.." She replied with an okay before ending the call.

With a deep sigh, you closed your eyes, allowing yourself to be swallowed by the bed. Tomorrow will be a hellish day.

***

Lizzie's Pov:

I sat in my car, listening to some music while on my way home. Suddenly, I get a call from Aleisha. I pressed answer whilst turning around a corner.

"Hey Aleisha! What's up?" I ask, humming to the beat of the song. When I didn't recieve a response, I asked, "Hey, is everything okay? You're awfully quiet.." I then checked to see if she was still on the call, she was. Now entirely confused, I spoke up again.

"Aleisha is-"

"I heard from her"

Suddenly I stepped on the gas, now thanking the Gods that nobody was behind me or that could have gotten bad.

"Yo-you heard from her?" My hands were gripping the steering wheel tightly, my feet stomping anxiously on the floor of the car. "I did. She's back here in New York, she's staying at a hotel with a friend and we're meeting up tomorrow for coffee." I didn't know why but suddenly the tears came. It was like being brought back to life. She's okay..

"Can- can I come?" I stuttered out as I wiped the tears off my face. "You can, we're meeting for brunch at the coffee shop. I'm assuming I'll see you" I responded with a 'you will' and she bid me goodbye, telling me to stay safe while driving.

I pulled out on the side of the road, getting out of the car to take deep breaths. It was already late at night and there were no other cars around. It was just me, the sky, my tears, and the wind. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes as I did. No matter what happens tomorrow, it will be okay. Because she's there, I'm there, and the world ain't got nothing on us.

"I'm finally seeing her tomorrow."

One More Day.

A/N: The book is closely coming to an end...