𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 13 - 𝐼 𝐾𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑊𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑇𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒

Your Pov:

"I'm surprised you even came home" You jumped as soon as you heard her voice. Just by the tone of her voice, you knew she was mad; really mad "I'm sorry! We lost track of time. We were just walking by the beach and-"

"Beach? You didn't tell me you were going to the beach." Your beated erratically in your chest, almost as if it wanted to come out and run away "We got kicked out of the library so we just left and went to the beach"

"And lemme guess, you forgot to text me?" You sighed as you ran a hand through your hair "Yes.." at this point I'm digging my own grave.
She chuckled bitterly, "I gave you my permission to go out with her and you took advantage of it. I should've known you were more than friends" You brows scrunched and you looked at her with confusion. What?

"What? What are you talking about?" She turned completely to you, her gaze almost as if she wanted to kill you. No joke. "I may be stupid but I ain't dumb. You don't think I haven't seen the way she looks at you? Why she always wants to text with you?"

"But dumb and stupid are the same thing..." You replied with a small voice. "What did you say?"

"She has a boyfriend! We're just friends!" "Lies!" "You don't even have proof!"

"She grabbed your hand and you both got into the taxi. Together!" Confusion took over you, wondering how she saw you

"What? When did we do that?" You could tell by the way she reacted to your responses that she was already at her limit. Her fists were clenched and her face was red from anger. "Today!"

Your eyebrows scrunched together, letting her words sink in. "You followed us?"

"Of course I did!" Your mouth fell agape as you listened to her. "Why? Don't you trust me?" You weren't quite sure what to feel. You were mad that she followed you, sad that she didn't trust you, confused as to why she would follow you. It's not like you and Lizzie are doing something behind your lover's backs.

The silence was long and unbearable. "Callie. I asked you a-"

"No! I don't fucking trust you, Y/N!" She proceeded to walk towards you. Suddenly, you were reminded of the time she got angry with you. She had the same look on her face right now.

"W-what are you do-" She grabbed you by the jaw, forcing you closer to her. Your heart beat sped up, fear creeping up inside you. "You are a bitch. I gave you a chance, and you blew it."

You can feel the anger even in her voice. Like each word is separated by a period. She must've seen your scared look because she dropped her hold on you. "From now on, you won't be texting that Olsen girl. And if I ever see you interact with her in any way, you're dead"

Gathering up your voice, you replied, "You can't-!" Her slap cut you off. You looked at her with disbelief and fear in your face. Heart thumping like never before. "I want not a word from you. Delete her number before I do" She walked away. She just left. After slapping you she- she just left.

You felt tears pool up in your eyes, your breathing only returned when she left the room. What the fuck?

***

The next day, after she slapped you, she acted as though nothing had happened. Though, she apologized—with tears—you couldn't help but feel like something was wrong. That was when it happened again. Then again. Until it started happening too frequently.

It was almost daily that she'd hurt you. She kept on apologizing and promising she wouldn't do it again. You wanted to fight back, too shout back, maybe even break up with her. She degraded you in a way you didn't find romantic, she hurted you in a way that you bled uncontrollably. You've had enough.