𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 6 - 𝐴𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑔𝑙𝑜𝑤

Your Pov:

It was nearing 12 am and you were closing the coffee shop. Today was supposed to be your day-off but one of the workers got sick so you had to fill in for them.

You sighed, wiping another table. You gazed at the clock and sighed once more. Working overtime was one of the things you hated the most; it made you tired and left you feeling sick. Just a little more.

There was a knock on the glass door making you turn. Your eyes twinkled in surprise when you saw who it was knocking.

"Can you let me in?" You looked amused, eye wide as you stared at her, hugging herself due to the cold fervor outside. You couldn't help but smirk as you watched her.

"Sorry! We're closed!" A pout formed on her lips, an angry glare cascading over her face. 

She knocked vigorously, "It's freezing out here!" She groaned and looked around a bit, seemingly looking for another way in. Finally, you undid the lock and let her in.

"What're you doing here? Especially at this time?" Rubbing her palms together, she responded, "You said you were stressed so I decided to surprise you and cheer you up" Her angry look was immediately replaced by a cheerful one. 

She looked so stunning with her grey classic fit suit paired with white heels. Her hair was stuck inside her coat, as though she was keeping them from the cold. A pink lip and a fierce brown look painted her face.

"And what will you do exactly?" You asked, eyeing her suspiciously. A bright smile appeared on her face as placed a paper bag on the table.

"I...bought some fun stuff!" She said, in between taking out the stuff from the bag.

"Is this a maths solving book? How is this supposed to be fun?" She shrugged, "Some people enjoy solving easy maths problems you know" She reasoned, her cutesy smile not wavering.

"Lastly, I got a coloring book!" You stared at her with amusement as she pulled out colored pencils. "What?" She pouted, her angry look returning. You bit your lip to suppress your smile,

"Nothing! Come on! I wanna color"

You sat on the chair but she just stood there, staring at you with a pout and a glare. "What?" You pretended to be oblivious to why she was acting like that.

"You're mocking me!" She stomped on the ground like a kid throwing tantrums. How cute. Eyebrows meeting, you refused to look at her, afraid you might burst out laughing if you do. She was still staring at you like a hawk.

"No! I'm not!" You defended, reaching for the colored pencils. "Yes you are!" With a small laugh, you patted the seat next to you, raising a brow at her. "What? Are you gonna waste time there? When we could be coloring?" She rolled her eyes but sat anyway.

After a moment of silence, she spoke, "Why weren't you answering your phone?" She asked, face serious and steady. You chuckled, "Turned it off. I wasn't expecting any calls"

She looked at you with disagreement. "That's pretty irresponsible, you know? What if somebody was chasing you and you couldn't call for help because your phone was off?"

You laughed at her scrunched eyebrows, a familiar gaze returning to her. "I'm a good puncher" You played off, shrugging. "I'm serious!" She swatted at your arm making you return the glare.

"You know you're lucky you're pretty 'cause that hurts more than you think it does." You rubbed the area where she hit you. She scoffed and shook her head, continuing her coloring.

Once silence has once again taken over, you turned your head to look at her and smiled. Her face was serious and her mouth was slightly agape. Her eyes sparked with concentration, licking her lips from time to time.