𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 43 - 𝑀𝑦 𝑇𝑢𝑟𝑛 𝑇𝑜 𝐵𝑒 𝑀𝑒

Your Pov:

It's been a few weeks since you arrived here in Italy. You found the place where your parents used to take you to--which was your grandmother's house---every summer. When you arrived there, the place seemed abandoned, no lights, leaves growing on the walls, absolutely no sign of life.

Later on, you found out that ever since your parents died, nobody visited your grandmother until she passed on all alone and the place was left behind with no one to care for it.

You stayed at the hotel a few blocks away from the house and had the lot signed to your name. That way, you had permission to change, renovate, and fix the house in any way that you wanted.

The first few months were spent fixing the house. Retaining all the damages and adding some spice on the decoration indoors and outdoors. The house was just a few minutes walk away from the shore, a beautiful view of the beach.

You remembered swimming there with your brother, enjoying every moment with your mom and dad. You devoted all your time and effort into the house, making it as beautiful as possible. Since you kept yourself busy, you allowed yourself no time to think about what happened.

You buried it in the back of your mind.

Here, in this city, you weren't a famous person who happens to be missing. Here you were the granddaughter of a sweet old lady that liked to bake and help other people. You were a normal person. Since the village was quite small, everyone knew everyone. Everyone was also helping each other. So when they found out that you were renovating the house, everyone wanted to help.

Helping you get supplies, helping with the plumbing, the garden, giving you some plants to put in the garden, and etc.. They were all so happy to help. Your grandmother must've been a really nice person. She seemed to be loved by almost everyone.

You only planned to stay here for a few months, just to get things off your mind; let things cool down for a bit. But things changed when you met Amelia. Amelia was a photographer, she owned her own bakery near the end of the street and she really needed help. Of course, not wanting to stain the reputation of your grandma, you offered to help.

You helped with the interior of her shop, you also helped retouch the ingredients, changing just a few to perfect the taste. And soon your business grew. The shop expanded to a bigger store, with more and more people buying.

"Hey you! Will you quit standing there! We need to get this delivered!" Amelia reminded, eyeing the stacked boxes on the table. You laughed and took a couple boxes.

"Sorry, got distracted there.. " She looked at you weirdly before saying, "You know, you're a very mysterious person. You appear out of the blue, with absolutely no background and you won't tell us who you were before you arrived here. You're not a serial killer..right?" You laughed at her reaction, shrugging.

"You never know. I could be a murderer for all you know," She stood there, looking at you with wide eyes. "I'm kidding, come on. You're the one who said these needed to be delivered today!" She slapped your shoulder and walked past you.

Once you got all the boxes in the truck, you guys decided to grab some shake by the beach. The sun was already setting by the time you arrived and there weren't a lot of people since most of them had left when the sun was still out.

You stared at the sky, loving how blended the colors looked. As you stared, you couldn't help but reminisce. You remembered the time when the sky looked exactly the same and you were with Lizzie. Back then, things were easy; simple. It was then you started to miss her again. Though you missed her, you never regretted leaving.

Because you left, you met these amazing people who accepted you when you needed someone the most. They embraced you and took you in despite not fully knowing who you were. You got to experience things you knew you never would've experienced as a pop star. But there are times where you wondered how she was doing.

Since the area was a bit far away from the city, the signal was very, very minimal. Most people used newspapers to be kept updated on whatever is going on, writing letters was the most used form of communication in the area. You had not a single idea of what was happening outside of the place.

"Lost in thought again," You heard a voice beside you. Amelia grinned at you, sliding you your mango shake. "You know, If I get a dollar for everytime I catch you lost in thought, I'd be a millionaire" You laughed at her remarks, eyes turning to the sea in front of you.

"What're you even thinking about anyways? You never tell me anything" She pouted, nudging your arm. You rolled your eyes at her and laughed. "There's nothing to tell. I'm just wondering about the future. Like what I'll do after this, or what I'll be doing tomorrow. It's really nothing serious" Her eyebrows scrunched along with her nose.

"Why think about the future when you can focus on the present?" She questioned, leaning back on the counter just like you. "What's the point of worrying about the future when you're not living in the moment? Wouldn't life be meaningless then?" You thought about her words, knowing she was right.

"I don't know. I guess I'm not really living after all" She scoffed at you,

"Then start living. Start living now, not tomorrow, but now. Let the future surprise you. Face your fears, reach for your dreams, don't focus on the past or on the future, focus on the present because that's what matters the most" You turned to her and nodded, "I'll start living from now on..."

Originally, after Christmas, you'd go back to America. You wanted to see Lizzie again. You wanted to see your friends, your family, and her. But things didn't seem to work out for you. A few days after Christmas, you came up with a fever. You had to cancel the flight and get better first because if you didn't, you weren't leaving. The people here didn't want you to leave and go to a country where you'd be all alone.

You spent New Year's Eve with your people, enjoying the party they threw at the beach. Obviously it would've been better for your body to just lay down and rest but you couldn't possibly miss out on one of the best parties you'll ever be in just because you were sick. Though you had to face some consequences after that, you still enjoyed every single bit of it.

You were sick for a whole week and spent another getting better. By then, Amelia had received an offer for opening a branch in America. You were obviously happy for her but you knew that if she agreed to take it, it wouldn't take long for her to find out who you actually were. Despite that, you encouraged her to take the job and fly out with you.

You bid your people goodbye, promising to visit ever once in a while. You stared at the window of the plane thinking. A new journey for Amelia and a journey to continue for you.

Picture To Burn.