𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 14 - 𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ 𝐵𝑦 𝐴 𝑇ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐶𝑢𝑡𝑠

Lizzie's Pov:

"What the hell happened?!" Instead of replying, she hugged me. Her arms wrapped around my waist, her head falling to my shoulder "I missed you," It felt like home, she felt like home.

We stayed like that for a moment, waiting patiently for her to let go. I felt her tears on my shirt and I could only rub her back to comfort her. It pained me seeing her like this.
Covered in bruises, blood, and tears. I need to get to the bottom of this.

"Will you tell me what happened?" She only nodded against me. "Come on, let's move upstairs," I heard her mumble quietly "Isn't Robbie here?" I shook my head.

"He's at work," confused, she pulled away "At this time?" I tried my best to smile at her but I knew she saw past it. She has a way of breaking through my walls. I ushered her up the stairs without saying anything else. I allowed her to sit on the bed whilst I stood up to grab my first aid kit "I'm just gonna grab some medicine for you, can you let go?" I whispered softly since she wouldn't let go of my shirt. It took her a moment before she finally did.

I grabbed her a glass of water, an extra shirt, and some bandages "Can you tell me what happened?" I questioned as I dabbed some alcohol on her wounds. She didn't hiss or give any reaction at all. Her eyes were red and puffed, probably from all the crying "Will you tell me if I'm hurting you?" She only nodded and closed her eyes.

My heart ached seeing her like this. She couldn't talk so she only nodded. Her eyes were lifeless, her body was covered with scratches, cuts, dried up wounds, and fresh ones. I couldn't stop the anger that grew in me when I saw her bruises on her stomach "I think we need to get you to the hospital.." Worry filled my whole body as I saw how serious her bruises were. 

"No...n-no hospital.." Her voice cracked and tears started forming in her eyes again. What the hell happened? I nodded almost immediately, not wanting to see her cry anymore "Okay...no hospital," I helped her put on the shirt I gave her and aided her to lay down on the bed.

"Why don't we sleep for now and talk about it tomorrow? How's that sound, yeah?" She nodded, whispering a small thank you. I didn't need to ask her if she wanted me to go, her not letting go of my shirt was more than enough confirmation.

***

I stood in the kitchen, making breakfast for her and myself. She's still asleep in my bed, hugging a pillow so she wouldn't notice that I'm gone. It was a real struggle to get out of her embrace.

Soft beats played in the background while I fried some eggs, hotdogs, and her favorite, waffles, for us. It was nearly 9am and Robbie was still nowhere to be seen. I refused to call him or text him. If he wants to cheat, then off he goes. I have bigger problems now. A much more serious problem.

She came banging on my door last night, bruised and crying. She looked so relieved when she saw me. She also slept like a baby last night and wouldn't let go of me even for just a second. It was a surprise when I finally got out of her hold. I kept thinking about it...did she get in a fight? But no..some of her bruises were healed and some were still fresh which means this has been going on for some time now..

"Callie.." I found myself seeing her as the prime suspect. She's the only one who's been with her all this time. After I found out that she quit the band and her job at the coffee shop, I knew something was up. I couldn't enter her village since the guard there says I'm not allowed to enter; Aleisha said the same thing. 

I knew something was going on but I got distracted because of Robbie. Things started escalating between us which led me to forget about all my suspicions. If my suspicions are right...I'm gonna kill that bitch.