𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 33 - 𝑁𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑁𝑒𝑤

Warning: Sexual Content

Your Pov:

This has been happening too often. Ever since that issue with Olivia, Lizzie has been different. She claims she's fine but you felt it; something's changed. She refused to talk to you about it. Always finding ways to dodge talking to you. Maybe letting her deal with it on her own was a bad idea..

You let it stay like that for a while, hoping she'll soon come back to her senses; thinking she'll work it out on her own.But nothing has changed. It was funny actually somehow, everything and nothing has changed; all at the same time.

It's been 2 weeks. You couldn't even remember the last time you guys had an actual conversation. You tried. You really tried talking to her. Asking her what's wrong but she wouldn't say anything. For some instances, she'll even get mad at you for pushing her too much.

She busied herself with work, using it as an excuse not to talk to you. 'I'm too tired', 'I'm at work', 'I'm working overtime', 'The interview is running late'. There was always some sort of excuse she came up with. You made time for her. Coming home early in hopes of catching her awake, cancelling interviews when you knew she was free, you tried everything.

Gifts, kisses, words, assurance..everything. But she wouldn't even let you near her. It was like she just..disappeared. The thought broke your heart. It was like the Lizzie you fell in love with no longer existed. Where did I go wrong? I wish you would talk to me..

***

Your eyes opened from the sound of the faucet running. You turned to your side, looking at the clock and saw that it was 3:00 in the morning. It didn't surprise you anymore. You sat up and rubbed your eyes.

"Where have you been?" You questioned. Your tone was strict but the concern was clearly visible. "The interview ran late" Her reply was simple, short, and dull. Like it's always been these past few days. "Lizzie, it's 3 in the freaking morning! Your interview cannot possibly  have run that late" You tried to reason with her, feeling your frustration grow once again. But like usual, she remained the same. 

"I'm sorry I woke you, go back to bed and we'll talk about this in the morning" Her head appeared by the frame of the door, but she wasn't looking at you. She was looking at the clock beside you. "Look, Elizabeth, I barely see you! You keep saying we'll talk in the morning but you leave before I even get the chance to approach you! The only time I see you is when you're on tv!" You couldn't help it. You were angry, sad, and frustrated all at the same time.

You didn't understand what was going on. Why did she suddenly change like that? I thought we were okay? She said  we were okay? Did she lie? Has she been lying this whole time/

"Well I'm sorry I'm so busy I don't have time to be fooling around!" Suddenly you were wide awake, eyes staring directly into hers. But it was different this time. She was there but it felt like she wasn't. You knew Lizzie was standing a few feet away from you but at that moment, it felt like a stranger in your home.

It was like getting hit by a truck, like getting stabbed near the heart to cause more pain. She seemed surprised by what she said as well..almost as if she didn't expect it to come out. It shattered your heart into a million pieces. 

Fooling around...huh.

"Look I-, we're both tired. Let's just go to bed and we'll talk later, okay? I promise" As she said those words, she walked towards you. Silently, you nodded and laid back down; facing the other side of the wall.

***

You couldn't really sleep at all. Your eyes were closed but your mind was wide awake. You were taken aback by what she said. Does she not see your relationship as valuable and serious as you do? Was this simply just a fling for her? Do you not mean as much as you thought you did to her?