𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 21 - 𝐼𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑐𝑖𝑡 𝐴𝑓𝑓𝑎𝑖𝑟𝑠

Your Pov:

You were both sitting on the bed, her head on your shoulder and your hands holding each others. It's only been a few minutes since she came inside, crying and breaking down. She hasn't uttered a single word since she arrived, she only cried and held onto you. Though, you were worried, you didn't wanna push her if she wasn't ready to talk. You couldn't really do anything other than emotionally be there for her.

When she came in, she was shaking so much. You were so thankful that nothing bad happened to her when she was driving. She looked so defeated and down it broke your heart. You had already had an idea on why she was acting like that. And as much as it angered you, you had to push it away to give space for Lizzie's emotions. 

Suddenly, she pulled away. You turned to her with a soft smile, wanting her to feel as comfortable as possible. "You ready to talk?" she silently nodded, wiping her tears as she did so.

"What happened?" You grabbed her wrist, dropping it gently on the bed whilst you wiped her tears for her. "Robbie cheated on me" You nodded. A part of you knew, the moment she came in, that the problem was Robbie. She looked at you with question, confused as to why you acted so calm. "You're not mad?" A small smile formed on your lips, your hand cupping her cheek.

"No, honey, a part of me knew what he was doing. With all the things you told me, his actions sounded the most suspicious. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you.." She shook her head with a sigh. "I have to tell you something.." She grabbed your hand that was placed on her cheek, lowering it and entangling it with hers. You weren't going to deny it but that definitely made your heartbeat speed up. You only wished she couldn't feel your pulse as you tried to stay focused. "What is it?" You questioned, lowering your head to look at your collided hands. 

"I knew. I've known for quite a while now, actually. I just didn't know how to tell him I knew so I just waited until he snapped" A part of you felt that Lizzie already knew but you still couldn't prevent yourself from looking so surprised. You paused for a moment, analyzing her words. "You knew and didn't say anything?" This time you looked back up at her.

"I couldn't break up with him. Even if he cheated on me, he's still my boyfriend, he's still the man I used to love" Used to? She was right though. Even if he broke her heart, he once was the one man who stole it "What are you going to do?"

"It's not official but I- I told him that we were broken up. I couldn't- I didn't want to hear his explanation. Somewhere within me feels bad for leaving him there and breaking his heart but I know I did the right thing" You smiled at her, nodding while you stroked her fingers. "You did, you did do the right thing. But you will need to talk to him. Not today, maybe not tomorrow, someday; whenever you're ready" You saw her eyes close, back slumping. 

"In the meantime, you can stay here with me, it's my turn to take care of you." Lizzie helped you a lot when you were going through the Callie thing, she gave you a home, love, and comfort; she gave purpose to your existence.

"Thank you, Y/n, for being here" She leaned in closer to you, placing her forehead on your shoulder, her voice above a whisper. "Anything for you, Liz. You know I'd do anything for you.." Your voice trailed off, the last few words unhearable. You felt Lizzie shift, pulling away from your arms but staying close. "I'm glad you're here. I don't think I can go through this alone."

You turned to her, fully facing her now. "Like I said, you were there for me when I was at my lowest, it's only right I'm here for you too. Plus, I have a lot of debt to repay" Even though she laughed, her voice sounded so tired. "You don't owe me anything at all, it was my choice to help you."

"Yeah, but still.." You managed to make her laugh again, happily enjoying hearing her laugh again even though it sounded different. "You know.." She paused, looking you right in the eye. "You mean a lot to me, Y/n..."