𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 16 - 𝐼 𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝐸𝑥𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑑

Your Pov:

"Everything you say will be recorded, is that okay?" You nodded. She pulled a tape recorder, pressing on one of the buttons. You found yourself sitting anxiously, waiting for Kalisha to start interrogating you. 

"You're here to report abuse, am I right?" You nodded, "Yes" You bit your lip anxiously. Then suddenly, you felt her grab your hand. You turned to her and she only smiled at you. It was her silent way of telling you that she was there for you.

"Name of the abuser?" She grabbed a paper and a pen under the table. "Callie, Callie Anderson" Even just her name made your stomach hurl. You never would have expected her to be like that. To act like that.

"And how were you related to Callie?" She looked up at you, waiting patiently for your answer "Girlfriends; we were in a relationship" She proceeded to write your response. "And where is  Callie right now?" You looked down for a second, remembering what you did before you left "Probably looking for me. I escaped a few days ago, when she was asleep I jumped out of window"

She set her things down, looking more serious than when you first saw her. "Do you have any evidence that will prove that Callie Anderson abused you?" You pry out the phone from your pocket "It's here. I have videos of her abusing me, evidence of her hurting me physically and emotionally" Her upper lip curved into a smirk, catching you off guard. 

"You sound a lot like your father," though confused, a small smile formed on your lips. "How so?" You didn't remember much about your parents since they died a little too early. Only your brother had a chance to truly bond with them.

"He too was a man of his words. His actions always followed his words, he meant everything he said. In my time, some people trusted him more than us police" Your head was low but you were smiling. The thought saddened you but you knew there was nothing you could do. You only wished that you were given just a little more time. 

She grabbed the phone and slid it in her pocket. "I'm gonna take this in my office to watch. This might be enough to get a search warrant, if possible, maybe we could even get a warrant of arrest" You looked up and nodded. 

"Do you have anywhere to go to? Anywhere safe? Where she won't find you?" You turned to Lizzie "I'm currently staying at her house. I- I don't think she knows where Lizzie lives but..she might..I'm not quite sure."

She gestured for both of you to stand up, leading you out of the room. She walked over to an office, to which you assumed was hers. She opened the door, you and Lizzie following suit. She motioned for you to close the door, pulling something out of her drawer.

She placed a few things on her desk: A gun, a knife, and a button?

"I'm not saying you need to use all of this. It's only for emergencies, okay? This, if you press this button right here, this will alarm me that something happened. If that Callie girl comes at you or breaks in, press this and we'll be there in less than 20 minutes"

"The gun...we can use it? If you're not there by 20 minutes?" Lizzie questioned, eyeing the dangerous weapon. Lizzie had been quiet all along. She only answered when asked and questioned if she needed to know something. She was so serious and hold together. 

"Yes, let's only hope you wouldn't need to use any of these. Write your address here," She handed Liz a piece of paper and a pen. "The video is the first thing you'll see when you open my gallery. There's also some pictures of her" Kalisha nodded and placed the phone you gave her into her drawer and locked it.

"Alright, here's my number. Call me if you need anything and also, write your address underneath her's. I'm gonna send two police officers to guard your house; they'll be out of sight but close" You wrote your address as she said, wondering if Callie had escaped already. 

"Stay inside your house, don't go out unless necessary, do you have work?" She raised a brow at Lizzie "I do, she doesn't go with me so she can stay inside the house for the whole day. My boyfriend is always out so he won't be a problem"

Kalisha arched an eyebrow. "Does your boyfriend know what's been going on?" It was Lizzie's turn to lower her head "Her boyfriends been out for a few days, he's with his friends. We'll inform him, though" She gave you a look you had trouble understanding, a look you couldn't quite explain.

"Alrighty then, I'll have someone follow you. Just in case the girl decides to come after you instead of her. Remember, if anything happens, just press this button and we'll be right by you."

You both nodded in understanding. Kalisha led you back outside, handing you the small bag where she put the stuff in. As you started to walk away, you heard her call you, "Y/n," She paused "When all of this is over, let's have some coffee together" A genuine smile formed on your lips, nodding at her. 

***

"Well that was one hell of a trip," She said as soon as you entered her house. You laughed, "I too, wasn't expecting that but hey, at least we got what we wanted right?" She agreed

After a moment of silence, she asked, "Wait a minute," she paused, looking like she just got hit with realization "If you left your house a few days ago...then Callie must've escaped by now!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

You shook your head with a knowing grin "You know...Callie's a really, really deep sleeper," She looked at you with suspicion in her eyes "And I just found some random cuffs in my room..." You bit your lip waiting for her to catch on.

"I don't get it. What do you need the cuffs for?" You gave her the look, arching a brow at her. You watched as she slowly comprehended your words "Get it now?" you smirked, biting your lip to stop yourself from laughing.

"You cuffed her!" You couldn't help the smile that formed on your lips. Seeing her act like this made your heart flutter. She looked so endearing, charming me with that lovely smile of hers. How adorable.

"I did, If you ask me, I'm pretty sure she's still there. I left some water and food near her so she could eat. We wouldn't want her dead, would we?" She licked her lips, a big smile plastered on her face

"Where did you put the keys?" You looked at her with eyes of terror, mouth falling agape. "What?" She mirrored your reaction "Did you throw the trash?" She looked so alarmed and worried when you asked her, "Yes? What does that- wait a minute...why are you asking me if I..threw the trash..." Her voice trailed off, once again surprised "You!" She pointed accusingly at you, making you laugh out loud. 

"Oh don't worry, they'll find a way to open it" You waved absentmindedly.

***

You and Lizzie sat on the couch, watching a rerun of grey's anatomy. The only thing separating you two was the popcorn you shared. You filled your mouth with popcorn, eyes focused on the show.

"Geez...slow down, will ya'? You're gonna choke" She joked, shaking her head at you. Your eyebrows scrunched together, lips falling into a pout "I'm just saying, you'll die faster than Callie" she rolled her eyes with a smile, looking back at the tv.

You, though, continued to stare at her. Watching her eyes gleam from the luminescence of the tv. Her lips curled into a thin line, eyebrows scrunched together, seriousness glazing over her face.

You shook your head with a smile, loving every moment you spent with her. Looking back, these past few days would've been so hard without her. She gave you something you haven't felt before and you're living in it; appreciating every minute of it.

If Lizzie hadn't taken you in that night, you probably would be wandering the streets, covered in blood and bruises. There's no way for you to be able to pay her back. She gave you something nobody else could and you're thankful for that.

A Place In This World.