𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 36 - 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑀𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑀𝑒 𝐷𝑜

(The Previous Night) Lizzie's Pov:

"Yeah sure, I'll call you back" I put my phone back in my pocket, walking to the car. It was around 5pm when I decided I should go home early. Just this once. Maybe we could still fix this..

Lately, things have been..difficult. Not just for me but for her, as well. I didn't know what to do. I knew what I was doing was wrong but once I started, I couldn't stop. I wanted to stop but I couldn't. I knew that I had to tell her...or she'll end up finding out in the wrong way. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was too embarrassed. So I'll let her. I'll let her finish the story.

I arrived home around 11pm since I decided to take the longer route just to kill time. When I arrived home, I noticed that her car wasn't up front. But she could've left it at the studio since she does do that from time to time. But it became even weirder when the door was locked.

Is she not home?

I keyed the door, walking inside, it was dark. She's not home. I dropped my bag on the table and went to check the bedrooms. She really isn't home. I opted for calling her or maybe just texting her but decided to just wait in case she's working overtime at the studio.

As I walked to our shared bedroom, I couldn't shake off that weird feeling. Something's wrong. I just didn't know what was wrong. I decided to get some sleep but around 1am in the morning, I got a call.

"Hey, Lizzie," Aleisha. "Would there be any chance that Y/n's with you right now?" What? isn't she with Aleisha?

"Uhh no," I looked at the clock and saw the time. "I thought she was staying over at yours?" Confusion took over as I sat up. I bit my lip anxiously, worry slowly starting to rise in me.

"Did she say that?" shit. "No, I just figured she'd be with you since it's already quite late.." I tried to keep my voice monotone but the worry was quite evident as I spoke. 

"Oh. Well, she isn't. Could you maybe try calling her? Can you call me back when she answers?" Aleisha sounded like she was worried too. She never does this. She always comes home earlier than me and if she ever has plans, she'll tell me. Where are you, Y/N?

 "Sure, yeah, I'll do that."

As soon as she hung up, I immediately called her. I didn't even hesitate, I just straight up dialed her number. But as soon as I pressed her number, it went to voicemail. I tried texting her but it was no use since her phone was turned off.

"Hey, uhh..she didn't pick up. It went straight to voicemail" I called Aleisha back after dialing her number a few more times. "That's weird..I thought she'd answer even you," Well, we're not really on the best terms right now, Aleisha. "Would you call me? If you ever hear back from her? I have to go to bed, I have a shoot tomorrow."

"Sure, no problem" I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.  "Don't worry too much. I'm sure she's just with her other friends or whatever. She'll be fine" Aleisha only hummed in response then ended the call.

 And though I said that, I couldn't really sleep at all. I dialed her number a few more times before going back to bed. I couldn't sleep, though. How could I? I had no idea where she was. She wouldn't answer her phone, no text messages, no sticky notes; nothing; not a single thing. I just laid there. Wondering where she could be or what she might be doing.

Maybe she's had enough of me. Maybe she's alone; maybe not. After a few more minutes of wondering, I finally made up my mind. I grabbed my coat, my phone, and my purse. As soon as I got to my car, I dialed her up immediately.

Narrator's Pov:

Since she was in the neighborhood, Scarlett decided to pass by her friend's coffee shop. It wasn't always she was around so she decided to really make the most of it. Though to her dismay, her friend wasn't currently working. In coincidence, her friend had taken a leave that day.