𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1 - 𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑦𝑒𝑠

Narrator's Pov:

From the moment she saw Robbie, she knew  that one day, he'd be the one she would wed.

It was the moment she stared at his brown orbs, that suddenly, she caught a glimpse of her future in his eyes. It's what people liked to call 'Love at first sight', and it was magnificent. Everything about him; she loved. Every flaw in his body; she accepted. He was perfect, so was she. They were perfect.

Of course, not one relationship goes on without fights. They shouted, they argued, they gave space, they forgave, and they survived. Love wasn't so complicated if you knew how to handle it.

Lizzie knew Robbie was the perfect one for her. He was the one.

***

Lizzie looked around, sipping her drink and admiring the place. She had been wandering off when she came across a coffee shop just in front of her hotel. She closed her book shut, not wanting to read any longer. She was in Mexico for a holiday. She thought it'd be nice a treat to have a vacation by herself; enjoy some alone time and do some self-care.

The bell from the door dinged, indicating a new customer had entered.

Her eyes gazed by the glass door, eyeing the said customer. A group of demure, comely, becoming set of guys had entered.

She wasn't familiar with any of them but one in particular did catch her attention. Not wanting to stare too much, she looked away.

The guys were able to find a table and order. Most of them wore black shirts, some loose, some fit. They wore faded black pants, hairs seemingly wet from perspiration. Looking for something to focus on, she turned to look at them again; this time, she had a better view.

His hair was dark-brown in color, a mustache growing under his nose and around his chin. His back was slouched, hands tangled in his hair as if he was frustrated---though, that didn't seem like it because he was smiling. His body wasn't fully muscular, his shoulders were quite wide---not fully, though. His arms flexed as he ran his hand through his curls, a helpless attempt to untangle them.

As if feeling as though someone was looking, he turned and saw her. Suddenly her breath hitched. The mysterious being smiled at her before turning his attention back to his friends.

It was the hold he had on her the moment he turned. She found herself stunned and unable to move; she couldn't look away.

That was the first she saw him, the first time he saw her.

***

That was in the past. A distant memory she suddenly remembered. She found herself sitting in an unfamiliar bar, toying with her drink and looking around thoughtlessly.

She and her other co-stars had planned a get together, to hangout and spend time together. Obviously, she couldn't say no. If only she knew then that they'd be going to a place like this.

The place was surrounded by sweaty people, dancing to the rhythm, not caring one bit who they danced with. Music took over the room, big black speakers all around. The lights flashed different colors every second, accompanied by the heavy smell of alcohol. Everyone seemed to be having fun. Everyone but her.

Bars had never really been her go-to place. She merely visited a place like this. She for one, didn't enjoy the crowd; especially this kind.

She'd rather be in a coffee shop; serene and quiet. Soft music would be playing in the background while she, with a book in hand, would be sipping her coffee and enjoying the moment.

Though, right now, that seemed like a fantasy far away.

Exhausted, she looked around, in hopes of finding a distraction or something to focus on. She looked by the bar station, eyes scanning for something and nothing at all.