𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 20 - 𝐼 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝐻𝑒 𝐾𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑠

Your Pov:

"Has she called you?" Pam asked. "No, not even once, the last I heard from her is when she came over and that was like 3 days ago" You couldn't help but feel worried. "Busy with work?" she suggested.

"I've thought of that but no, she would text me at least. Something's up and I'm debating whether I'll wait for her to call or I'll visit her at her house," You paused, nibbling on your lips anxiously "What should I do?"

Lizzie hasn't texted nor called you the past 3 days. Sure, she could be busy with work but, she would at least inform you. Along with that, you couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong. You tried to call her multiple times but it always ended up in voicemail. She didn't read any of your texts and you couldn't really contact any of her friends.

"I say wait" Pam said, while Nico countered her, "I say go" Pam glared at her. "No, she needs to wait" Nico obviously followed suit "No, she needs to go. What if something happened to her and she couldn't ask for help? She needs to go see for herself" She reasoned. "No! She needs..."

Their voices trailed off as you got lost in your own thoughts. Your co-worker and best friend liked to bicker every time they had the same shift. You couldn't even remember a time where they weren't fighting. They acted like an old married couple. But you had bigger things to think about right now.

Obviously, you were worried. Lizzie liked bothering you, she loved texting you every second of every day; she said it was her way of making sure you were still alive. You never found it annoying though, you actually found it cute. Receiving messages from her was your daily dose of serotonin.

Lately though, Lizzie has been acting weird. You knew something was wrong, that was for sure. You just didn't know what was wrong. That's why you were contemplating. What if she and Robbie were fighting? Then you got in the way. You were pretty sure that Robbie thinks you're stealing his girlfriend. 

The very few times when you encountered him, he would glare at you, as if warning you to back off. But you couldn;t do anything because it was Lizzie who invited you in. And it's not like Lizzie liked you back. You knew she was in love with him.

"Okay, Kai will be our tie breaker," You turned around suddenly, coming back to reality. "What do you think she should do? Wait for Lizzie to call her back or should she go to Lizzie's house and bother her when she's obviously just busy with work?"

"She said it herself! If Lizzie was busy she would text her!" Nico defended herself from Pam's continuous nagging. "What do you think?" she asked, Kai. "I think.." She paused "neither of you should be deciding that. Let her decide on her own" Kai reasoned.

"I say she should go" Charles chided. "Finally! Thank you!" As Pam continued to defend her opinion, Kai went towards you, wishing to get your attention. "What's it gonna be?" She asked you.

"I'll wait for her to call me back," You turned back around to face them. "but if she doesn't respond within the next 8 hours I'll go to her house." Kai patted your shoulder, a gesture of agreement. "Technically, both of you lost and won" 

***

Lizzie's Pov:

"Lizzie..please" I heard his pleading voice from behind me. "You're everything I want but I can't deal with all your lovers!" I was angry. I was fuming with anger. But somewhere within me, I felt sadness. I couldn't bare to look at him. "I know but please..please! Lizzie you're my-"

"You're saying I'm the one but It's your actions that speak louder!" I wanted him gone; away from me forever. "Just please..just one more chance...I didn't mean to, Elizabeth! I was drunk!" I finally turned to him, "You were drunk for 8 months?" His whole frame went rigid, eyes widening as he let my words sink in. "Weren't expecting that, were you?"

"Do you think I'm dumb?! Did you think you could fool me like that?! I have done more than enough movies to know when my man is cheating on me. I have played enough characters, hell, I've even played a cheating character! I'm not naive, Robbie" I was so mad I felt my hands shaking, tears were forming in my eyes.

"Liz..please..she didn't mean any-" I scoffed at him. Seriously? Isn't that a bit too cliche? "Oh for God's sake enough with that! I've had enough of your lying, Robbie. You cheated on me! For more than 8 months, with more than 2 women! Yet somehow you have the nerve to say they didn't mean anything? All you ever do is lie!"

"Why are you acting like you didn't lie?! I know damn well, Elizabeth, that you and that Y/n girl are more than friends! And don't you dare deny it because I see the way you look at her. You don't even look at me the way you look at her"

"Maybe I am, maybe I do like her! Maybe I don't want to do anything else other than love her, maybe I am in love with her smile and her eyes and maybe everything she does is adorable. Maybe, I am in love with her. But at least...at least I waited until we were broken up!"

I couldn't breathe properly. It felt so good. It felt so nice to finally accept it. To finally acknowledge my feelings for her. I'm not gonna lie, ignoring her has been the hardest thing I've ever done. She called me nonstop and made sure to send me texts everyday.

I couldn't deny it. I was in love with her. Whether I liked it or not.

"So that's it? You're gonna leave me for that bitch?" I hissed at him, fists clenching. "You're more of a bitch than she is," I barked back. I grabbed my purse that had my phone and keys and walked past him.

"And we're over, Robbie. I'm done." He didn't try to follow me. I sat inside my car, starting it up without any hesitation. It's time to go home.

***

Your Pov:

You placed the plate on the table, your other hand busy pressing buttons on the remote, trying to look for a good show to watch. It was around 8pm, you were sitting on the couch, about to eat dinner.

You checked your phone numerous times today, waiting and hoping that Lizzie had finally responded to you. But sadly, she has yet to respond. You were beyond worried, the only thing keeping you from going to her is the fact that it's night time. It's a silly reason but she may not even be home, she may be working and shooting photoshoots.

You promised yourself you'd find her as soon as the sun shines. You didn't care if you were late for work because of it. 

Finally, you found something to watch. You leaned back, enjoying the feeling of being at home. But suddenly, a loud knock disturbed your peace. Grumbling, you opened the door, not bothering to check who it was.

As soon as you opened the door, an actual human body landed onto yours. You panicked for a second, just until you remembered the warmth a certain person gave you that feels exactly like this.

You looked down, hand lowering to her head while the other closed the door.

You Always Find Your Way Back Home.

ℰ𝓃𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓉ℯ𝒹जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें