𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 24 - 𝐵𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝑊𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑

Your Pov:

"So, where did you and Lizzie meet?" The interviewer asked. "We met in the coffee shop I used to work at. It was CafeRose," Curious, he asked. "You used to work at a coffee shop?"

"Before I became a singer, yes. It was sort of my main job while singing was my part-time job." You looked at the crowd, smiled, and looked back. "You served Elizabeth coffee? That's how you met?" You laughed at his reaction, "Yes. I did. I served, Elizabeth Olsen. I was behind the counter when she entered, we met by accident."

"And she was still with Robbie then?" You nodded, "Yes, she was still with him back then."

"What does it feel like being friends with the actress?" A big smile appeared on your face, a thing you couldn't hold back. "It's delightful! She's very sweet, caring, understanding, and very nice. Those are just the basics obviously but she's comely; day and night. There are times when she's demure—but that's not always" You joked, hearing the crowd laugh along with you.

It's been at least  4 months now. A lot has really changed. You decided to resign at CafeRose to fully become a singer. A month ago, a company offered you a label as a singer. They would help promote you and your songs. The only problem that you encountered was that they only wanted you, not the whole band. 

It was probably one of the hardest and bravest decisions you've ever made. Your bandmates, Aleisha, Alex, and Kylie, were all supportive about it. They said that it was finally time to move forward and walk through another path. 

You hesitated about it for a while but later on decided to accept it. And it was one of the best decisions you've ever made. You may have had to sacrifice a few things but...the things you gained couldn't compare to those you lost. 

***

You walked out of the place, flashes from cameras blinded you, fans shouting your name. You signed a few posters, some shirts, and some books. You were definitely much more known than you were before. You also started taking up modeling offers along with acting. 

With the help of Lizzie, your rating went up quickly, her fans slowly started to support you too. So far, everything's been exhilarating. You were at the peak of your career. You were surely busier than ever. But despite everything that was going on, you still learned to be thankful for the people who helped you get to where you were now.

That being said, one afternoon, Lizzie brought up a suggestion that completely shocked you. It was true that you barely got to see each other anymore—you with your shows and interviews and her with her movie promotions and filming. You both had nearly opposite schedules.

It was a complete bummer, not being able to see each other for weeks just because of work.Back then, she could just visit you in the shop whenever she wanted too. But now...it was different. You guessed that she felt the same way—frustrated— when she suggested that you guys were to live together.

Of course, the offer surprised you but...you also didn't want to neglect her offer. After all, you still had feelings for her. Oh, and about 3 months ago, Lizzie and Robbie officially broke up. She stayed with you at those times, not really wanting to be alone. 

You also recognized how convenient it would be if you and Lizzie lived together. You would have to pay only in half and her house was closer to your office. And it's not like we'll always see each other...So you decided to take her up on her offer and moved in with her after a few weeks. 

You guessed that you would barely see each other because of your busy schedules, well, your guess was right. The only time you saw her was when you would both come home late. Which was rare since she always arrived first, sleeping early then leaving early as well. For you, you arrived home sometimes past midnight and would leave home around 8am. 

But despite that, her little notes and messages informed you that she was always watching. She would sometimes leave notes on the counter with breakfast, or a little sticky note on your bathroom mirror, on the fridge, on your door..she was adorable. 

As you entered the car, you heard people calling for you. You chuckled whilst shaking your head. When did life change so fast? With a sigh, you opened your phone. You checked your messages and saw that Lizzie sent you something.

It was the set of an interview. Lizzie loves to send you random photos from places she goes to. She said it distracts her from all the work and gives her some time to breathe. You smiled as you scrolled through all the photos she sent you, opening your camera to do the same.

***

You've always wanted to be a singer. It has been a dream of yours ever since you were young. A dream too far away to reach; until you met Lizzie. She opened doors in your life, gave you opportunities you never would have had, pushed you to become the better version of yourself.

You told her that you practically owed her your whole life. She insisted though; told you that you owed her not a single penny. Lizzie was your light in the darkness, she paved a way for you to walk through and reach for your dreams.

"Are you alright? You seem bothered?" A voice extracted you from your thoughts. "Oh, sorry. I was simply reminiscing" You quipped. It was nearly 1 am when you arrived home and to your luck, Lizzie was just about to sleep. Later on, you both found yourself sitting on the couch, going through emails and messages. 

"Reminiscing what?" She asked, intrigued. "Err, our memories?" An eyebrow arched.

"Our memories?" Confusion laced her voice. "Yeah, just thinking about how lucky I am to have you," A smile crept its way to her lips, her eyes glimmering with delight "Well, I'm lucky to have you too" You turned back to your computer after smiling back at her. 

"I've been thinking.." You didn't look back at her and only hummed in response. "We should go somewhere..just the two of us," Finally, you turned to her with confusion. "Like a vacation?"

"Yeah, like a two-week or one-week vacation. Just so we can spend more time together. It's been a while since we last bonded" She laughed, making you chuckle as well. It was true. It's been so long since you and Lizzie spent time together...alone. 

"I know places we can go too," She turned to you with curiosity, "Really?"

"Yeah, One of my co-workers has this private resort by the beach. She only uses it for family events or such. I'll try to rent it for us" You suggested, her eyes once again lighting up with excitement. 

I need this. We both need this. It's been too long.

"That's a great idea! A resort, just us, along with the beach. That sounds too good to be true." She joked. You grinned at her, "We'll see."

Am I Ready For Love?