𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 8 - 𝐼𝑓 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑊𝑎𝑠 𝐴 𝑀𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑒

A/N: This chapter was mostly inspired by the song so I'm putting it there incase somebody wants to listen. The bridge mostly refers to Lizzie.

Your Pov:

It's been quite a few days since you've heard from Lizzie. It's also been at least 2 weeks since she stayed over at your house. For the last few days, she's been telling you she's busy working and spending time with her boyfriend. It was fine at first but, it's been a week since she last texted you nor called you. You were slowly wondering if she'd forgotten about you already.

With a sigh, you continued your shift. Cleaning tables and serving orders; today seemed busier than usual or maybe you just felt tired.

Soon, the sun had gone to bed and the moon woke. Morning people piled out, while the night owls filled the place. Though, a lot of people were here, the place was silent aside from the soft music playing in the background.

Nobody usually ordered at night. There were different types of customers at night time. Some would sit in their chosen place, set up their laptop and type. While a few would open a book and read. Others would plug in their headphones and listen to music---you were that kind. Some would walk around the parking lot, talking with their friends on phone or in person.

Slowly, time passed and everyone left. One by one, each customer packed up quietly and left. Leaving you alone with your thoughts as you cleaned tables. Looking around the darkened area, to the glass door, you were reminded of the time Lizzie went to visit you.

Ever since that night, you waited for her to visit you again; she never did. Sighing once more, trying to rid your mind of those memories. Your heart ached.

I thought we were becoming close? She even stayed over at my place. You couldn't help but sigh as you wondered about what might've happened to your relationship. I didn't do anything wrong...right?

After cleaning the last table, you looked around before you left. Locking the place and making sure everything was turned off. Walking back to your house as you usually did, you were reminded of the day you two ran around.

Chasing each other under the shining moon. Just reminiscing about those memories made your heart flutter and break at the same time. Remembering about the joy you had with Lizzie while walking on the streets..alone.

The thought of never being able to do that with Lizzie again made you sad.

Walking up to your door, you looked back; remembering the time you raced her here. The time where you were both panting and laughing. You shook your head with a sigh. Let's not make ourselves sad, okay?

Lizzie's Pov:

Gazing at my phone, reading her text messages, I felt pain. Sometimes it's better to leave than to be left, I reminded myself. In this world, I found that it was easier to leave as it hurt less. But just because being left behind hurts, doesn't mean that leaving hurts less.

Only then have I realized that the pain was equal. Being left or leaving had the same agony. Being left behind meant being shattered and unable to move on, but leaving meant sacrificing your future with a person you could've spent your whole life with.

"You okay?" Scarlett's worried voice snapped you out of your thoughts. "You've been sighing since earlier" You only nodded, tearing away from her gaze.

"Huh? Oh yeah. I'm fine" She didn't move away from you. "You really don't fit the description of someone who looks fine" She tried to lighten your mood with a laugh.

"I'm fine, really. I'm just quite tired. No need to worry." You shrugged her off, not wanting her to catch you with your infidelity.

"Wouldn't say I was worried but yeah, sure." She joked. "Why'd you even ask then?" I raised a brow, finally turning to her. She rolled her eyes and waved her hand, making me laugh more.