𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 37 - 𝑇𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑝𝑠 𝑂𝑛 𝑀𝑦 𝐺𝑢𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑟

You stood up for a moment, grabbing her some water whilst she composed herself. Mentally preparing herself for what she was about to say. you also took that moment to breathe. It's now or never..Once you sat back down, she gulped half of water while down. "Where do I even start.." she chuckled sadly, you noticed how anxious and worried she looked.

Your Pov:

You waited patiently for her to start speaking. You didn't want to rush her. You had all the time in the world. Then, she took a deep breath, eyes closing as she did.

"I- I've been seeing someone behind your back.." And there it was. It stung. There, you realized that no matter how much you prepared yourself for it, it still  hurt. She glanced up at you, watching as you try your best to maintain your composure; to not burst into tears from the sudden agony you felt.

"How long?" Were the only words you could mutter out. "Ever since that issue with Olivia.." Ouch. That long huh? "Why?" You asked. Your voice cracked as you spoke those words, fist clutching onto your shirt in hopes of calming you down; but it didn't.

"I- I was so worried; so scared. I didn't want you to leave. I was scared that the rumors were true and I- I didn't want you to cheat on me,"

"So you did it first?" You snapped back. It came out before you even thought about saying it.

Suddenly, her expression changed. "Cheat? Wha- I never cheated on you, Y/N! I- is that what you think I've been doing? I would never cheat on you!" 

"How would you explain the late night arrivals? Smelling like cigarettes and beer! The ignoring calls and texts-"

"I was with my therapist!"

Silence.

You were cut off; unable to say something else. Therapy. That's what she's been keeping from you. Therapy. All this time you thought she was cheating on you. All this time you thought she..betrayed you. But you were wrong..I'm wrong! Thank God!

"I was unstable. I couldn't. I didn't want us to end like me and Robbie. And I couldn't ask you for help. I didn't want to scare you away. I hid it from you because I- I didn't want you to think I'm some crazy bitch who can't keep a-"

"Lizzie.." You called out, voice soft and quiet. She refused to look at you. "I know you'll understand but I- I couldn't ask that of you. These are my problems. Personal problems. I didn't want to involve you. My therapist told me that maybe I should break it off while it's still early. But I just- I couldn't. I know I have to work on myself and that's what I'm doing!" You watch as tears started forming in her eyes again, fingers trembling.

"That night, the night we- That was when she told me I had to let you go. So I wouldn't keep on hurting you. I thought I'd do it after spending one last night with you but I just, I couldn't. And the drinking and smoking? That's mainly me. She told me that there's a big chance of me going back to old habits and she was right. Everynight, after our session, I'd buy some beer, sit in the car and drink and smoke. I don't think it's working, though. I just think I'm getting worse."

Finally she looked at you, with a sad smile. Tears were falling from her eyes, her eyes that were filled with sadness and pain. The truth wasn't exactly what you expected. What you expected was much worse than this. 

"But I could've helped you. I can still help you!" She looked at you for a moment and laughed. "Well, I guess that's better than you thinking I'm cheating" She joked, looking up at you once more. "

Well what do you expect! You keep coming home drunk and smelling like someone else. You even came home with a different shade of lipstick on. Trust me I notice everything." She chuckled.

"That was when I treated her, my therapist, to a meal. I wanted to thank her for what she's doing with me. I forgot mine and I looked really dull so she let me borrow hers" You leaned back on the couch, eyes heavy but you had a warm smile on your face.

Your whole body felt so light. You were so happy you couldn't stop yourself from smiling. Yes, sure, she lied to you. But who cares? We all make mistakes and she made a mistake. And I can help her not repeat those same mistakes. I can help her be better. For herself, for me, and for us; for our relationship. 

"Jesus, I already have a bag waiting upstairs. A bag full of clothes and whatnot shit" She laughed out loud, shaking her head. God I missed that laugh so much. "You thought this wasn't going to end well?"

"Oh no babe, I already prepared myself for the worst" You joked, sitting up to look at her. She still looked so pretty. Her eyes were shining, her work suit was crumpled a bit but they still looked good. Her hair was a bit messy from her running her fingers through it a couple times.

"Come here. I missed you..." You motioned for her to which she followed. She crawled up to your lap, her head resting on your chest.

"I'm sorry," She whispered in your ear. "I should've told you..." You pushed a curl of her blonde locks back. "You should've. But that's that, it happened. Nothing we can do. But we can still fix this, yeah?" She nodded, holding onto your shirt as you caressed her hair.

"We're gonna try this again, okay? The only difference is that you have me now. I'm here to support you, help you, and comfort you. Whatever you need I'm always here." Without even seeing her, you knew she was crying. Her body shook from time to time but you were there; there to hold her and hug her.

You were home. Finally..after months of wandering through the darkness of the streets, alone, you finally found your light, your safety, your home. I'm finally home..

What a night. 

A/N: I apologize for not being able to update this week! I swear I'm still alive and active! Things has just been a bit busy with school, journalism, and being a student council officer T_T I hope the next chapters are gonna make up to it!