𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 30 - 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑀𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝐼 𝑘𝑛e𝑤

Your Pov:

"Bub, where are you??" Her voice was soft, obviously concerned about your whereabouts. You giggled, "Find me" You replied, hanging up a second later. You smiled brightly—though she couldn't see—running from the snacks aisle to the beverages aisle.

It had been a nice week and you and Lizzie went grocery shopping to stock up your apartment. You had been hiding from her for about 5 minutes now. It took her about five seconds to realize you weren't next to her.

You peeked your head out the corner, watching her look around, nervously biting her lip. You nearly felt bad for concerning her so much. "Lizzie!" You whisper-shouted, watching her head turn to your direction. You quickly ran away, walking over to the aisle right next to it.

You leaned on the shelves, head moving side-to-side to check if she had catched up to you yet. You sighed, smiling as your heart pounded in your chest. It has been happening more frequently than usual; and she always seemed to be the cause of it.

"You!" You heard a voice from your side. Without looking, you ran as fast as you could, turning and turning until you found an aisle far away from her. Your grin was as wide as a child's, eyes shining with a glint of excitement. You felt like a teenager when you were with her; a teenager in love.

You creeped slowly, trying to walk as quietly as you could. You heard footsteps nearby, coming closer by the second. You turned to your back and saw nothing. As you were about to leave the aisle you were currently in, you bumped into someone, nearly knocking you over.

It wasn't a stranger though. You tried to run away but were soon caught red handed. She pushed you back to the shelves, caging you in with her arms. There was a smile on her face, something similar to yours.

"What are you doing?" You asked, referring to her arms. "What are you doing?" She questioned back, raising her eyebrows at you. "You look very hot right now." You complimented, though it did not faze her.

"Don't try to change the topic, now" Though you were taller, you felt small under her gaze. Like a prey under her predator's stance. "Answe-"

You cut her off by pushing your lips to hers. Hoping you could bribe her with a kiss. Her words were muffled, your hands slowly wrapping around her waist. The kiss deepened immediately which ended with you practically having to shove her away. 

"We are in public," You breathed out. "You kissed me first" She reasoned, lips parted slightly as she tried to regain her breath.

"Your fault for being irresistible."

"Your fault for having no self control" She barked back, eyes staring at you with mischievousness in them. You laughed at her, wrapping your hand around her waist while grabbing the trolly with your free hand.

"I guess it's both our fault."

***

After the two of you went grocery shopping, you decided to stay home for the rest of the day. She sat on the sofa while you sat across from her. She had a book covering half her face, only her eyes visible in your point of view.

It was the same for you too. The canvas on the easel barely showed your face. A few glasses of water, and quite the amount of paint were placed around you. You had finished sketching and were currently painting over it.

You pondered for a while on what to paint but soon got inspired by the artwork in front of you. She flipped through the pages nonchalantly, eyes scanning each word of each sentence, taking everything the book has to offer.

And you didn't even have to stop her from moving. She barely did. She only yawned now and then, also shifting a different angle after a few minutes. It didn't bring you much trouble as you already had a picture of it. 

A smile colored your pink lips, sneaking a glance at her from time to time. You let your emotions take over your hands, painting flawlessly as much as you could. Sure you painted over the sketch a few times but you were quick to fix it.

After a while, she stood up and went over to you. "Don't come here!" You raised your left hand to stop her. "Why not?"

"It's a surprise," You chuckled, retracting your hand to grab your messy palette. She chuckled back at you, "Fine. Do you want anything?"

"I could use some juice."

"Coming right up!"

You chuckled as she pointed her fingers at her eyes then to you, almost as if she was saying 'I'm watching you' in her own way. You grabbed a different brush, a thinner one for the highlights of her eyes.

Her eyes had different shades of green, trying your best to make it as bright and as alike as possible. You coloured her hair yellow, appearing a light blonde. You stepped back and admired your work. You weren't the best but it sure looked good.

You weren't sure if it was your skill or maybe it was the person you painted. She could never look bad in anything.  You heard a gasp from behind you, shocked eyes looking at the painting then at you.

"This was the surprise?" Her voice was quiet, soft and touched. She walked over to you, leaning on your side as you wrapped your arm around her waist.

"It is. Do you like it?"

"Yes. Absolutely..it's beautiful."

"Of course it is. It's you, afterall."

She laughed at you, eyes glowing with something you couldn't quite explain yet. You wished you could tell her how she made you feel. Though you were a writer, you found yourself speechless and unable to form any coherent sentences that would explain how you felt with her.

If you were a poet you'd write something beautiful, magical, or ethereal. But you weren't blessed with such talents; so you decided to work with what you were given. You tried your best to create something as similar as her but it was completely difficult. There were so many things you wanted to do or couldn't put because your skills weren't enough.

You made a silent promise to yourself to work harder and someday paint her as perfectly as you could. You turned her to you, grasping her cheek to your hand. You touched the skin there, staring deep into her soul. Her eyes held a higher level of affection, almost as if she were melting.

"You're gorgeous," You told her, admiring her features closer. "You are too," She replied, smiling admiringly at you.

A deeper connection between you and her was made that night. Something stronger and definitely more dangerous yet you couldn't bring yourself to run the other way. You have never felt this strongly for someone before. 

Live For The Little Things