𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start from the beginning

Seb? He was not allowed a nickname. In fact, he wasn't allowed any friends. It was nerving.

"Right. Well, I'm gonna..." I pointed towards an empty batch of chairs and side stepped the two boys to sit in them.

I immediately focused on the scenery outside the window, choosing not to look at anyone who walked past.

I could feel it; all the stares I was receiving. Everyone was curious as to who I was, but I didn't give a shit. I was not here to play friends.

I was here to win, not sit around and play make believe with my father and his friends.

After a few times of Sebastian attempting to gain my attention and introduce me to the rest of the Slytherin's, I faked being asleep to rid myself of that ever happening.

⋄ ⧫ ⟡ ⧫ ⋄

I hated it. I hated wearing the uniform, I hated riding the boats and I most certainly hate walking amongst the first years in the Great Hall to be sorted. It was a nightmare. A reminder that everything wouldn't be the same.

It wasn't fair that I got to go back and repeat everything, whilst everyone else was dead.

I took a deep breath to steady my thoughts, but I was hit with a familiar scent. The scent of another werewolf.

Being one myself, I could easily distinguish another wolf.

That, and he smelt like home.

My eyes found his just as his found mine.

Remus Lupin.

A genuine smile appeared on my face as I walked down the aisle following the first years.

His eyes widened and his body went still. He would never expect another werewolf to be at Hogwarts, and this time I planned for the teachers to know nothing about me.

I could handle it myself, although, I may need some...extra precautions this time around.

I focused back in front of me, avoiding eye contact with the rest of the Marauders that I knew would be sat around Remus.

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the Sorting Hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses."

My eyes snapped to Professor McGonagall's as she spoke and placed the stool in front of us all. I swallowed the lump in my throat that had appeared upon seeing my favourite teacher. The woman I looked up to as I grew up at Hogwarts.

"We will start with our new seventh year student, Aurora King."

Whispers broke out upon hearing my name being called and my eyes sharpened in on Sebastian who was staring right back at me.

I didn't actually need to see him to know what he was mouthing to me. I could hear it in my head automatically. You better be in Slytherin.

I walked up to the stool with a smirk on my face. He was going to receive the shock of life when Gryffindor would be called instead.

I sat down and felt the hat land on my head.

"Ah, Miss King. I was wondering when I was going to see you again. Or is this the first time? I can never remember." The hat spoke low enough only for myself to hear. "Same again, I presume?"

I gave a slight tilt of my head. It was for the best, then I wouldn't have to worry about the Slytherin's trying to figure out what I was up to.

"GRYFFINDOR."