Chapter 48: Epilogue

8 years later

"I'll be back in two hours I promise" I giggled trying to get out of Carter's hold for the second time

"No the kids are with your parents and I finally get you all to myself and then Cassie swoops in and steals you from me" he groaned refusing to get off of me.

Cassie's daughter Alora was with her father so we had a spa day planned while Peyton, Amaya, and Asher were visiting my parents.

After Peyton and Asher turned three I found out that I was pregnant with Amaya and Carter spent each second pampering me.

He felt guilty after missing 7 months of our first pregnancy together and he made sure he didn't miss a second of Amaya's.

"It's only two hours and then I'm all yours Daddy" I purred, teasing him a little.

"That's your third warning princess" he chuckled leaving a purple mark underneath my collarbone.

My whole neck was littered with his marks and I had to make sure they were covered most of the time but when the kids were away Carter forbid me to cover them up.

"Two hours and your all mine" he breathed out, walking with me to the kitchen where a tired Micheal and Cassie were standing.

Michael was carrying a sleeping Aria, their five-month-old baby girl.

It wasn't a planned pregnancy after all her sister was seven years older than her but both Cassie and Micheal were ecstatic when they found out they were having another baby.

They didn't expect to have more kids since Alora was a miracle.

Cassie got shot a few years ago and the doctor told her the chances of her getting pregnant were slim.

"Ready to go?" I asked grabbing my keys after kissing Carter goodbye.

"Ease up on the marks Dracula people are going to think that my best friend is married to a vampire at this stage" Cassie joked, kissing Micheal's cheek.

They got married five months after Carter woke up and we got married a year later too busy learning how to be new parents.

"So I called Lorra and asked if she could swing by the spa so we could drop off our phones" Cassie giggled turning up the music.

We weren't really going to the spa today but our husbands would've never agreed to let us out of the house if we told them that we'd be gone for a week instead of two hours.

After dropping off our phones we were on our way again.

"I can't wait to spend a whole week in Mauritius!" I yelled over the music while adjusting my shades.

We've been planning this trip for months.

A small part of me already missed Carter but a little girl time would do us both some good.

Stopping at the airport we grabbed our bags and made our way toward the private jet Carter bought me for my 25th birthday, I made sure the pilot didn't send Carter our flight plan like he normally would.

Being welcomed by the flying staff I greeted all of them before helping myself to a glass of champagne, getting comfortable before we take off.

Before we knew it we were flying across the ocean-going over the activities we plan on doing once we get there.

"So our first surfing lesson is tomorrow morning and then we have time to relax before going snorkeling" I spoke, focusing on the piece of paper in front of me.

"That won't work don't you agree Carter?" Michael's voice left me shocked while Cassie and I kept looking at each other instead of at the men standing behind us.

"I believe they'll be unable to walk around that time" my husband spoke chuckling.

Jumping at the sound of someone's belt being slapped together, I knew both me and Cassie would regret our little getaway plan in a few minutes.

"Cassie if we run really fast we can make it to the bedroom and lock the door" I whispered so only she could hear our escape route.

Slowly nodding Cassie yelled out go and we jumped out of our seats running to the closest bedroom.

There were exactly four bedrooms on the jet.

Making it to the room I yelled at Cassie to close the door and just in time I turned the lock leaving my very angry husband outside.

"Open this door, Cassie!" Michael yelled turning the door handle like it was going to magically open.

"Iris you have 3 seconds to come out or I promise you'll spend this whole trip being locked up in our bedroom" Carter yelled but his voice seemed farther away than Michael's.

Shit.

"Cassie hide right now!" I whisper yelled looking around for the best spot.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Both of us got into the closet knowing that they'll be able to find us but there was literally nowhere else to go.

Hearing the door unlock I knew Carter asked the pilot for the extra pair of keys they always kept with them for moments like these.

This wasn't the first time we planned secret trips and it was certainly not the first time we locked ourselves in the bedroom to get away. It worked the first two times but then Carter just made a spare key and gave it to the pilot to make sure I couldn't through it away.

"Come out kitten, your only making it worse for yourself" Michael sang tapping on the closet door.

"Promise you'll go easy and we can still do everything we planned on doing" Cassie negotiated as if we had a leg to stand on.

"Fine just come out" Carter spoke.

Slowly opening the door we were greeted by both men smirking and I tried closing the door again knowing that we'd just been fooled but it was too late and I was already trapped in Carter's hold.

"We lied" Micheal chuckled dragging Cassie out of the room with her hanging over his shoulder and hitting his back.

Giving Carter a sheepish smile I hoped I still had a shot of talking myself out of this one but my hope soon vanished when he only released his hold to lock the door behind them.

"Strip la mia piccola farfalla".