Chapter 13: Ball

Pulling on my all-black tux, my mind kept drifting back to the feeling of holding Iris

Her pacifier was still on my desk, I thought she'd come to get it by now but I haven't seen her since they got back from the mall and I walked past them with Ashley.

I called her to release some of my tension, but after seeing her pacifier,
I sent Ashley home.

Leaving my room I found Michael in the kitchen talking to Maria.

She's been working for me for over 14 years and watched me grow into the man I am today.

"Look at my handsome boys" she cooed pulling us into a hug.

Chuckling at her antics I heard the clicking of heels coming our way and I turned just in time to see Iris walking into the kitchen.

I stopped breathing at the sight of her in a silk-red dress with a slit that was showing far too much of her legs for my liking.

Taking in every inch of her I felt an unfamiliar feeling taking over.

"How do I look?" she asked unsurely.

Before I think about my reply words spill out of my mouth before I could stop them and a small blush covered her cheeks.

"Breathtakingly beautiful"

Before I could embarrass myself further I rushed everyone to the car not wanting to be late for this fucking ball.

I knew Iris's family would be there too but I was unsure of how she would react.

Last time she stole my car for god's sake.

Knowing we'd be drinking, I decided to use one of my drivers for once.

The car filled with silence as I watched Iris poking her head threw the small window separating us from the driver.

I couldn't hear what she was saying seeing that she was back to whispering again but a small smile graced her lips when the driver handed her his phone.

Amusement filled me as she typed away, focusing on the screen.

Seconds later the car filled with music.