Chapter 20: Work

After Iris calmed down completely, we sat down in my car

I wasn't planning on spanking her but after she threw a mini-tantrum it was like a switch went off and I had to teach her a lesson.

After seeing my hand imprinted on her ass and hearing her cry the sudden need to comfort her took over and I couldn't stop myself.

Before we left Michael gave me a whole speech on being nice to Iris while reminding me to keep her safe and with me at all times.

He was truly acting like her mother.

She was silent most of the ride but once we stopped and her gaze fell on the warehouse surrounded by guards she locked her door.

"What are you doing piccola farfalla?" I shook my head slightly laughing at her actions.

(Little butterfly)

"I'd rather go swimming with real sharks than go in there" she locked eyes with me while speaking.

"It's safe here Iris no one can harm you" I reassured her getting out of the car.

Walking to her side I unlocked the car again and tried pulling open her door but she grabbed it while trying to pull it towards her.

After a few attempts, I slowly turned around and took a few steps away from the car so she'd think that I was leaving her there.

When she sat back and released the door I quickly pulled it open before she could stop me.

"No, you tricked me!" she yelled out when I threw her over my shoulder.

Feeling her tiny fists colliding with my back I kept on walking to my office ignoring the stares my men were giving us.

I've never brought a woman here so it was understandable.

Placing her down on the black leather couch in my office she blew a strand of hair out of her face before glaring up at me.

She looked like a mad kitten while doing so but at least she tried.

"Now was that so bad?" I teased sitting down behind my desk needing to finish some files before we could go back home.

Whispering a yes to his question I made sure he couldn't hear my reply before I stood up and made my way toward the bookshelf

All the books were about business and how your mind works.

Moving on I saw a few hidden buttons on the side of the bookshelf and I, of course, pressed them all.

Seconds later the door flew open and I screamed when a few men came running in with guns aiming at me.

"Abbassa le pistole e non puntarle mai più contro di lei, sì" Carter growled standing up.

(Lower your guns and never point them at her again yes)

The men did what he said and left the room shutting the door behind them. I took deep breaths while calming down my racing heart.

"Don't press any more buttons little one" he chuckled going back to work as if nothing happened.

Not finding anything else to do I slowly made my way to his desk hoping I'd find something interesting but all I found was paperwork, pens, and other useless things.

Getting an idea I stood behind Carter's chair and began pushing it away from his desk so he couldn't reach his laptop.

"Iris, what are you doing?" he asked while I pushed him toward the door hoping it would buy me enough time.

Thankfully it did.

Logging into Netflix I saw Carter coming closer so I picked up the laptop ready to make a run for it but his hands fell on my hips holding me in place while I gripped onto the only entertainment I had.

I knew he had work to complete but I really just needed something to do.

Taking the laptop he walked toward the door to retrieve his chair while I walked back to the couch deciding on a nap since I can't watch Netflix.

When he was back at his desk he glanced at me before calling me over.

Dragging my feet I stopped beside him but apparently, that wasn't good enough for Mr. Tough guy because he pulled me onto his lap while pushing the laptop closer to me.

Looking at the screen he didn't log out of Netflix but instead clicked on my favorite movie.

Smiling I got comfortable on his lap.

I rested my head on his shoulder while my legs were pinned between his tights, pressing play he moved his right hand to my waist and drew small circles on my side while lifting a document and reading it.

I could get used to this.

Halfway through the movie, I fell asleep, getting my nap in after all.