Chapter 47: Two In One

"Why would I permit him to marry my daughter," he asked watching Sofia glaring at him

"Our daughter Princess and because he makes her happy, I swear to god you'll be struggling with blue balls for the rest of your life if you give him the wrong answer" she spat out making it hard for me to keep my laughter at bay.

I've been with Iris's parents all morning watching them arguing about the question I asked her father.

I had no idea it would be this entertaining.

"Fine" he gritted out giving her a fake smile before looking at me.

"Take care of our baby and I expect to be called first when our grandbabies are born" he spoke holding his hand out for me to shake.

"I expected nothing less" Shaking his hand I called Micheal to give him the go-ahead.

Everything led up to this exact moment.

I kneeled in front of the woman I love waiting for her to turn around so she'd give me the chance to rush through the speech I'd been dreading for a month.

My nerves were sky-high not easing up for even a second.

"Carter can we adopt one!" she begged me still watching the pandas playing in front of her.

She doesn't know the petting zoo we were at was all hers yet.

I knew she loved animals and giving her a whole zoo filled with them was the best idea I could come up with.

"Carter?" she spoke after I didn't reply.

Looking around she finally turned around and once she did everything around me slowed down.

Her hands flew to her mouth while tears welled up in her eyes.

Taking a few steps back I shook out of my nerves and gathered the once of courage I still had left before speaking.

"Will you Iris Martinez make me the happiest man alive and marry me?

I've spent a lot of time figuring out what I wanted to say but everything I thought of never showcased how much my life would mean nothing without you being in it, I want to wake up and go to sleep with you being the first and last person I see and I want to give you the world Iris

I have your father's blessing all I need now is yours" I forgot half of the things I wanted to say and I had no idea if what I even said made sense.

Nodding her head Iris walked closer holding her hand out for me to place the ring on her finger.

"Yes, yes I'll marry you" she spoke kissing me as soon as I stood up.

Holding out her arm she kept on looking at the ring making sure I was looking at it too.

Her eyes sparkled with excitement as she kept on giggling like a schoolgirl would, holding hands with her crush.

"As my first act as your fiance, I request that we adopt a panda" she squealed making sure I heard the word 'Fiance'.

Chuckling I kissed her head "I'll do you one better" I winked turning her around so she'd see the park.

"Everything in here is now yours, I bought the whole zoo so we don't have to adopt a panda baby they're already yours" When I tell you I'm def I mean she made sure her scream of excitement was hard enough for the whole world to hear.

When everything calmed down around us we sat down to eat dinner.

While feeding her a piece of creamy pasta she whimpered grabbing her stomach.

Worry filled me as I rushed to her side helping her up.

The second she stood up she groaned in pain yet again bending forward.

"It hurts!" she cried out breathing heavily.

"I'm here baby, just keep on breathing you got this" I spoke while pulling out my phone to call the hospital, letting them know that we were on our way.

Before she got into the car she froze before looking down.

"My water broke" she breathed out not moving.

"No it's too early Carter I'm supposed to give birth in two weeks not now!" she panicked tightening her grip on my hand.

Calming her down the best I could I finally got her into the car and called her father making sure he knew before I called Michael to bring our overnight bag to the hospital.

We fished the nursery a week ago so we could spend the few weeks left resting but seeing that Iris was two weeks early the babies had other plans.

Rushing her into the hospital the nurses took over and allowed me to follow them into the room where we had to wait for Iris to be dilated enough or something.

Twelve pain full hours later the doctor finally gave Iris the go-ahead and she was a yelling mess while almost breaking my hand in the process.

If she had her way right now I'd be visiting Satan in hell.

When I heard our baby boy crying for the first time, I left Iris for the first time to cut his umbilical cord before they started cleaning him up.

While they wrapped him in a tiny blanket I was back at Iris's side.

"I can't I'm so tired" she cried shaking her head.

The doctor gave her a few seconds to breathe while I gave her reassuring kisses hoping our baby girl wouldn't give her a hard time.

After a few minutes went by I finally heard my baby girl crying and I bent down to kiss Iris's head "You did it, baby".