Chapter 23: Lovely Days

1 Month later

1 Month later

I've been spending most of my time with Carter. He's been really patient with my eating habits.

He makes sure I eat every day even if it's something small and it's always at the same time, if he's at work he would call me to make sure I eat before ending the call and if he's at home he'd make us both food and feed me small pieces while we watch a movie or play some board games.

He's been really busy finding Damon but it's like he's vanished.

It's Sunday today and we were current at the race track he owned. We've been practicing my driving skills after I begged him to allow me to drive for a week.

"Your doing well Princess but try driving past the obstacles this time" he chuckled still holding on to his seatbelt.

I really don't know why he's so scared of my driving I'm a natural.

When we were done with the obstacles for the day the track was clean allowing me to have a little fun.

While waiting for the light to turn green a car pulled up next to me catching my attention. Looking next to me I saw Michael in another car smiling proudly at me.

"Baby don't even think about it" Carter groaned giving me a stern look.

Ignoring him I focused on the green light, giving him the best evil laugh I could muster up.

"No, do..." before he could finish his sentence I pressed the gas speeding away.

Changing gears I stayed ahead of Michael with a few feet between our cars.

We've done this before and each time he crosses the finish line before me, but not this time. Turning the cars sideways I managed not to hit the barrier this time, gliding past the corner.

Looking at Carter I tried my best not to laugh but after watching him pass out I couldn't keep it in anymore.

I knew he couldn't handle speed when he wasn't in control of the car.

Seeing the finish I made sure Michael had no way of passing me while I made sure not to slow down for the final turn like I always do.

I could do this.

When I crossed the line Carter was awake again. The first chance he got he pulled up the handbrake causing the car to come to a complete stop.

I was too happy that I won to scold him for his action so instead, I jumped out cheering.

"I won!" I yelled at Michael who was leaning against his car slowly clapping while glaring at me.

Sore loser.

"Your done driving!" Carter yelled slamming the car door.

"For today?" I asked following him to the parking lot. I had to run to keep up with his long strides.

Michael was casually walking next to me still glaring like I had taken his candy.

I want candy.

"forever!" Carter replied not looking back.

"But I was ju..." I stopped talking the moment he held up his hand dismissing me. Feeling the need to show him that I'm not a dog and he can't just command me to stop barking, I looked at our surroundings for anything that could help.

I slowed down as soon as I thought of something making sure that both Carter and Michael were ahead of me.

Instead of walking to his car, I took a sharp left.

I know it wasn't the best idea to wander around without them but I felt unseen and he's just made it perfectly clear I should be unheard too.

Walking around the building I crossed the street knowing the park wasn't that far from here.

It took me a total of six minutes to arrive at the park and I believe Carter would've seen that I left by now. A few raindrops fell on my face and a few more when I decided to look up at the sky.

The clouds were dark grey hiding the sun away from my view but I liked this weather.

Hearing the sound of splashing water I continued walking, I crossed a small wooden bridge and a pond filled with ducks came into view causing the small smile on my face to widen.

Standing next to the pond I bent down, amazed at the rippling water.

The rain started pouring down but all the raindrops were missing me, I was still dry while the ducks hurriedly swam for cover.

Realization hid me after a while and I stood up still facing the water.

"Strike one La mia piccola farfalla" his strained voice was cold just loud enough for me to hear him over the rain.

Slowly turning around I was met with his chest so I lifted my head, when our eyes met I gave him an innocent smile hoping he wouldn't drag me home by my hair.

Carter was holding up an umbrella keeping us from getting soaked while he stood in front of me with an emotionless expression.

" I saw duckies" I breathed out chewing on my bottom lip.

Pulling me closer Carter wrapped his arm around my waist keeping me in place while I placed my hands on his chest taking deep breaths.

"The only one allowed to bite your lip is me, sí" he responded lowering his head.

Before I could think of anything to say his lips were on mine. He instantly took control of the kiss, exploring my mouth as he pleased.

Just like he stated he bit my lip slowly pulling it when the heated kiss ended.

Sorry for the long wait for new chapters, I've been having trouble writing with school starting and the new year but I'll be updating more often I promise

Thanks for everyone's support please leave comments on any ideas or themes you'd like to see in this book.

What's everyone's favorite animal?