Chapter 5: Morning

+WARNING VIOLANCE+

+WARNING VIOLANCE+

"Stop... Please I didn't mean to I swear!" I cried out feeling the belt connect with my bare back for the fifth time.

Chuckling at my words the master gripped my chin with an unbearable force no doubt leaving a big bruise.

"You've been a bad girl Iris and I warned you what would happen if you broke the rules" he spat out yelling at the men outside to bring in the small kitten I rescued in the garden.

I was just trying to give him some food after seeing the poor thing hiding behind some roses with a broken leg but one of the guards saw me taking food out of the kitchen and followed me.

Holding the tiny gray kitten by his neck the master made sure I watched every move he made.

"pl...ease don't hurt him" I whispered out hoping he'd hurt me instead but everything happened so fast.

Throwing the defenseless animal across the room I closed my eyes hearing the sickening crack when it came in contact with the wall.

"LOOK AT WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!" he yelled out forcing my eyes open.

Frozen in place I couldn't look away from the horrible sight while his loud laughter filled the room.

+WARNING ENDED+

Waking up when a loud whimper fell from my lips I tried taking deep breaths trying to calm down.

Feeling a heavy head resting in my lap I saw Zeus looking at me worried before he came closer to my face licking the tears rolling down my cheek.

Softly smiling at the act my breathing slowed down.

Knowing I couldn't sleep anymore I stumbled out of bed deciding on a quick shower before I went on my search to find Michael.

Looking around the big bathroom an unopened toothbrush caught my eye next to some toothpaste.

Brushing my teeth I got undressed preparing myself for the cold shower I was about to take.

Seeing the two different nobs in the shower I opened up the red one first stepping under the freezing water before I could overthink my actions.

After a few seconds, the water turned hot confusing me more than it should but jumping back when it burned my skin I tried opening the blue nob waiting for something to happen.

Seeing nothing happening I placed my hand underneath the water ready for the burn to attack my skin but it never came instead it felt soothing.

Walking closer I allowed the water to run down my body.

After a while of just enjoying the feeling, I washed my body with the black sponge.

Stepping out I dried myself off and pulled on the same clothes as before.

Stepping out of the bathroom Zeus was patiently waiting on the bed for me. When he saw me coming into view he jumped off leading me out the door to a large glass door leading out into what looked like a backyard.

Sliding it open he ran out probably to go do his business.

Deciding to go look for Michael I walked around not paying much attention to what was around me.

Before I could realize what was happening I stumbled backstopping myself from falling "Watch where your going bitch" a high-pitched voice groaned out and I looked up seeing another girl standing in front of me with a robe covering what seems to be a naked body.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going" I rushed out.

She simply looked beautiful with her long blond hair falling onto her shoulder while she wore quite a lot of makeup. Her thin lips were highlighted with a pink shade while she covered her cheeks with a red powder.

"Who are you!" she looked disgusted at the mere thought of us breathing the same air and I felt my confidence running low.

"I'm uhm" not being able to finish the sentence I looked down avoiding her judgmental eyes.

"Can't even fucking speak, what's wrong cat got your tongue" she joked but her words only reminded me of the dream so instead of answering I walked past her but she grabbed my arm pulling me back.

"I'm fucking talking to you!" Shaking my head I tried speaking but before I could form a sentence Carter pulled me away from her.

"Don't yell at her Ashley now fucking leave, don't forget your place" he spat out.

Pouting at his words she'd tried protesting but Carter gave her a treating look and she almost ran out of sight.

"Thank you" I breathed out but as if my words hurt him he slightly pushed me away glaring.

"I told you not to get in my way, Iris!".

Having enough I turned around hiding my trembling lip.

I've had a terrible morning so far, first the horrible memories then stumbling into the rudest person I've ever met, and now being yelled at by Carter.

Where's Michael

"Iris you don't walk away when I'm talking to you I don't know how things worked at Damon's house but here you'll show me some fucking respect" Carter yelled from behind me and I stopped at his words.

Taking a deep breath I turned around not looking at the floor anymore "No" I spoke softer than I planned to but I was proud of not stuttering.

"No?"

"No Michael said tha...that I'm not allowed to let people wal...walk all over me so if you want to...to talk to me you have to do it nicely" cursing at myself for stuttering I was still proud of standing up for myself but seeing the angry expression Carter threw my way I regretted turning around.

"Iris go wait in your room for me and I'll be right there" Michael spoke from behind me before Carter could speak and I felt relieved.

Picking up my pace I almost ran back to my room hearing the two men yelling at each other, I didn't mean to cause trouble that was the last thing I wanted. I should've just walked away but I mess everything up.

'Stupid Iris why can't you just keep your mouth closed

Finding my pacifier I sat down in a corner pulling my teddy bear closer.