Chapter 42: Teddy

Waking up at the sound of something hitting against the wall, I tried looking around the room but with the lights off I couldn't see anything

Clapping my hands once the lights came on and I realized that I wasn't in my pj's but instead I was in one of Daddies shirts.

The lingering pain between my legs, caused me to blush at the thought of what happened when we got home.

Feeling sad when I couldn't see my daddy anywhere in the room I wobbled out of bed grabbing the stuffy I was left with and began my search.

I would usually hide away in my room when I felt my little side taking over but the sudden need to be around Carter was enough to send me down the long not so empty hallways.

I was still holding my teddy's hand in my right hand while I greeted all the guards but when they saw me they quickly looked up at the ceiling.

Weird.

Knocking, I waited for Daddy to give me permission go enter and when he did in an angry tone I contenplated about going back to my room but instead I slowly pushed open the door.

Not looking up from the papers in front of him I stood still not fully entering his office.

After a few minutes of silence he finally looked up locking eyes with me.

"Baby girl, what's wrong?" he asked confused standing up.

"I'm otay" I whispered walking closer.

Holding out his hand, I took it with my free hand not letting go of my teddy.

"Princess as much as I love seeing you in nothing but my shirt, there's guards all over the house and this" he softly pulled me closer "Is only for daddy to see, sí".

Giggling I stood on my tippy toes wanting to be picked up.

"I still have some work to do Princes, so I'll take you back to bed" shakking my head I lead Daddy to his desk and sat down on his lap getting comfortable.

If he was staying so was I.

Chuckling, Daddy opened his laptop and opened Netflix but before I could ask what he was doing he pressed play on my favorite movie before wrapping his hands around my waist and picking up his pen with his free hand.

I might of found my favorite activity after this.

"Are you cold?" he asked looking away from his work placing all of his focus on me.

Shaking my head I kept my focus on the movie playing while fiddling with the rings that he always wore.

I fell asleep.

Carter was still busy with paperwork when I woke up and I had no idea how he could stay awake that long.

The sun was up and lighting up the room, so I knew it was already morning.

He hasn't noticed that I woke up so I littered his face with kisses grabbing his attention.

Stradeling his lap he let me continue my assult while his hands trailed down my sides resing on my butt.

"Hi" I whispered placing the last kiss on his nose.

"Morning, little one" blushing I looked around the room, noticing Zeus laying on the couch.

"He came in after you fell asleep" Carter informed me.

Nodding I climbed off of his lap but regretting it the moment my feet felt the ice cold floor underneath me.

It was like the floor and my princess part was working against me.

The pain wasn't as much as the first time but It still felt as if Carter was still inside me.

"Princess, I'm going to be gone for a week but Michael is staying here" he spoke watching my reaction closely.

Before I could stop myself a bunch of questions fell out of my mouth not liking the idea of Carter being away for that long.

"When are you leaving?"

"Why are you leaving?"

"Can I come with you?"

Chuckling at my rambling Carter shut me up by colliding his lips with mine in a caring kiss before pulling away.

"I'm leaving tonight, we have a location on Damon and no baby I don't want you anywhere near him so you can't come with me and yes of course I'll miss you" he answered all my questions.

Well, those i could finish asking.

I spent the whole day following Carter around begging him to stay or at least take me with him but he's answer was always no.

I hated the thought of being apart from him for that long.

"What if you get hurt and can't come back to me?" I whined not liking the direction my thoughts were heading.

I can't lose him.

His mine.

His my safe place.

"Iris don't think like that" he argued groaning.

I think he was getting iritated at me for asking so many questions today but I wasn't going to stop till he would agree that stuffing me into his bag and taking me with him was a great idea.

He was currently busy packing but I kept on unpacking everything he placed into his suitcase.

He'll have to agree at some point and I wouldn't stop till he does.

"Stop. It" he growled out raising his voice at me.

Throwing my little tantrum like he said wasn't helping and all I was doing was throwing fuel onto the fire by continuing so instead I sat down on the floor watching him continue packing his suitcase while glancing at me from time to time.

I've given up faster than I thought I would.

Knocking at the door filled the silent room and I watched Micheal dressed in a suit walking in after knocking three times.

"Boss the car is ready when you are, I've made sure the men know what the plan is and their already at the air strip waiting for your arrival" glaring at my best friend he gave me a sheepish smile before leaving the room.

"Come on baby, I need enough kisses from you to last me a week" Carter spoke picking me up after closing the suitcase.