Chapter 29: Lost

Waiting for Iris to get home for her surprise, I kept checking the time

Michael knew what I was planning tonight so he knew I wouldn't be joining their little dinner date. I'd meet his soon-to-be wife another day.

It was already past eleven and she was still not home so I texted Micheal but his phone was probably dead because he always forgets to charge it before going out.

Hearing the front door opening I made my way to the door expecting to see Iris but it was only Michael.

Seeing his bloody nose confusion filled my thoughts but then it went straight to worry.

"What the fuck happened?" I rushed toward him looking for Iris but she was nowhere in sight.

"Calm down man, me and Cassy just had a little fun" he chuckled closing the door.

"Where's Iris, did she lime her surprise?" Michael asked giving me one of his famous smirks before walking past me to the kitchen.

"What do you mean, where is Iris she was with you!?" I shouted getting more worried.

"She left two hours ago saying she was tired and would call an Uber" Michael voiced out on high alert when he saw my expression.

Pulling out my phone I tried calling Iris three times but each time it went to voice mail.

"She's not answering!" I cursed grabbing my keys.

"Check her location" coming with me to the car I gave Michael my phone to track the jewelry while I drove.

This is exactly why she needed them in the first place.

Please be safe, princess.

"Her last location was in the park near the house" Micheal breathed out checking the information the trackers provided.

We could see her heart rate and past steps but when Michael curse under his breath hoping I wouldn't hear my thoughts filled with the worst.

"Spit it out!" I spoke while driving faster.

"He...her tracker is saying" shaking his head Micheal stopped speaking grabbing his hair.

"What!" I needed to know and seeing him in this state made my heart speed up at the possibility of her being hurt.

"She's not breathing" he whispered letting the phone slip out of his hold.

"What do you mean she's not breathing, she can't..." not allowing myself to finish my sentence we arrived at the park and without stopping the car properly I jumped out.

Running past the trees I kept looking around trying to find her but the darkness surrounding us wasn't helping.

Running closer to the river nearby I sped up once I could hear the river clearly, my head started spinning the closer we got, and once we got to the clearing I saw Iris's small figure laying on the ground with a wet puddle forming under her.

Falling down next to her I pulled her into my arms telling her to wake up.

"Come on baby, open those pretty eyes of yours sí" I kept on shaking her hoping it would wake her up but she was still unconscious.

Feeling my cheeks getting wet I realized that I'd been crying since we found her like this and I couldn't stop.

Trying again Micheal was the one to stop me this time.

"She's dead man" he whispered bending down next to us.

"No no no she's not dead, she can't be dead!"

"I need her Micheal!"

I refuse to accept the truth so I picked her up ready to kill any doctor that can't bring my butterfly back.

Driving to the hospital close by, I rushed Iris inside where the nurses took her from me.

They held me back, closing the doors so I could follow her.

"Let me fucking go!" I yelled pushing them back but Micheal stepped in calming me down.

I'm lost.

I've been sitting in the same chair in this fucking hospital for nine hours.

I can't get up, I can't get the image of her laying next to the river out of my head and I can't forget how cold her once-warm skin felt against mine.

Tonight was supposed to be the night she became mine.

I had everything planned, perfectly.

She'd know how I felt about her, she'd know that I love her with everything I have but she's gone.

I can't turn back the time and save her.

I'm lost without her.

"Hello I'm Cassy, I just wanted to tell you that everything's going to be okay, I know it doesn't feel like that right now but you'll see" the woman sitting next to me softly spoke placing her hand on my shoulder.

"If you'd like to keep your hand remove it, the only woman allowed to touch me is in there" I harshly spoke pointing at the white doors in front of us.

The same doors Iris went through 9 hours ago and never came out of.

She removed her hand giving me a sad smile before returning to her seat next to Michael who refuses to leave without me.

Getting a message I pulled out my phone, in the corner of my eye I could see Micheal watching me closely while the woman from earlier held his hand.

I wasn't ready for what the message said but after reading every word over and over again my blood started boiling.

An unknown number sent me a photo of Iris running in the park looking back with the message reading.

She took a swim after our cat-and-mouse game, I would've liked to be the one who made her wet but the river beat me to it
-D

She took a swim after our cat-and-mouse game, I would've liked to be the one who made her wet but the river beat me to it -D