Chapter 6: Shopping

Waking up I took a shower before making my way to Iris's room but it was already empty so I walked around the house trying to find her

Hearing Carter speaking to someone I walked closer just in time to stop Iris from saying anything else that would anger him more.

Watching her run back to the room I stopped Carter from following her.

"Calm down Carter she's only doing what I told her to" I slowly spoke not wanting him to snap. "Shut it, Michael I don't need you standing up for that bitch, she's shown nothing but disrespect towards me and Ashley this morning" he growled out trying to get past me.

"You mean your slut and don't talk about her like that she wasn't being disrespectful, all she asked was for you to be nicer" I corrected him feeling anger building from his words.

"Don't tell me you fucking like her?" he all but yelled shoving me backward.

"Get a grip Carter your acting like an asshole, go suck a dildo and feel better" I yelled back walking away.

I don't know what crawled up his ass and died but I was not allowing him to change the good mood I woke up with. Walking to her room I found Iris sucking on the pacifier while holding the white teddy bear she brought with her.

"Come on pretty girls don't cry" I crouched down next to her wiping away the fallen tears.

Pulling out the pacifier so she could talk to me Iris reached out making grabby hands towards it " Give that back please" she whined.

Shaking my head I made funny faces towards her smiling at the small laugh she gave in response.

"Let's go shopping" I started helping her up.

"Can we pwease get ice cream?" she softly asked and I held her hand walking to my car outside.

"Anything you want".

Iris had gotten out of her little space a while ago and we walked through the mall

Iris had gotten out of her little space a while ago and we walked through the mall. We've been here for hours getting everything she needed and wanted.

"Iris I have an appointment in a few minutes you can come along or I can drop you off at the house before I go" I allowed her to choose while we placed all the bags in the car.