Chapter 28: Dinner

"What if she's a total bitch and I'm stuck with her for life?" I thought out loud but as soon as a tiny hand landed on my forehead I apologized

"Don't speak of women like that ever Mich!" Iris scolded me while looking around the restaurant.

This was supposed to be a double date between my soon-to-be wife and them but Carter hasn't been picking up his phone.

Noticing the most breathtakingly beautiful girl walking towards us I took in every inch of her.

The silky red dress hugged her curves perfectly while the slit showcased her silky smooth tanned legs. Her arms were filled with tattoos and some were covering her neck too. Light green eyes connected with mine and I forgot how to breathe for a few seconds.

"Hello nice to meet you I'm Iris" being pulled back to reality when Iris spoke I quickly stood up ready to introduce myself but no words left my mouth.

"Hello, I'm Cassy".

"His name is Michael seeing that he himself forgot it" Iris chuckled and soon after Cassy joined her.

Even her laugh is amazing.

What the fuck is happening!

When my focus fell on Iris her smile had vanished and when I asked her what was wrong she only informed
us that Carter wasn't going to make it.

After dinner Iris excused herself feeling tired and ready to go home but not before Cassy gave her number to Iris so they could have a girl's night.

"Come on I have an idea" I spoke up after paying the bill.

The night was still young and after spending some time with her I needed to know why her father wouldn't allow her to rule his mafia alone.

So what better way than to play a little game?

"Why are we in here?" she asked turning in circles while taking in everything around her.

Giving her a pair of gloves I pulled on my own, smirking.

"For a little bit of fun".

"I don't think you want to play this 'game' with me" Cassy sang tapping the boxing gloves against each other.

Chuckling I stepped into the small ring holding my hand out to help her up but the sassy little princess pushed it away not needing my help.

"I know why you're doing this" she stated getting into a perfect fighting stance.

Encouraging her to continue, I took the first swing making sure I used no force, and she couldn't get hurt.

But she had other plans.

"You think I'm daddy's little girl who can't take a punch" throwing me off guard Cassy landed a punch on my left cheek making sure it would bruise "You want to find the reason why he won't let me run his mafia without a man's help" she continued.