Chapter 27: T

"Look man all I'm saying is that you love her and she clearly feels the same" Micheal shouts over the music while walking next to me

He's been on my ass since he saw the small hickey Iris left on my neck.

If he only knew what image she imprinted in my mind he'd be talking about a wedding instead of just asking her to be my girlfriend.

The only reason I broke the door to get in was that I heard Iris whimpering and thought she had gotten hurt but the realization quickly set in when I saw her completely fine in the shower.

"Drop it Michael we're here for business not a therapy session" I yelled back before we walked into a different room.

The V.I.P. section.

"Ahh, Mr. Garcia you finally decided to show up an hour late" Ian spoke while whispering something to the two women sitting next to him barely dressed.

Ian Murphy was the Irish mafia boss one of the people also after Damon after he killed his oldest son in an attack two years ago.

He claims to know Damon's location and that's why we're here.

Sitting down the two women returned with whiskey for all three of us before they sat back down next to Ian.

"Where is he?" Michael spoke first getting right to the point.

"Information isn't cheap in our line of work" Ian chuckled running his hand up and down both women's bare legs.

Finishing my glass I placed it down on the table in the middle of us grabbing everyone's attention.

"What's the price then?" I don't negotiate often but for Iris's safety, I'd burn the world making sure not one flame would touch even a hair on her head.

"As you know my mafia is without an heir and my daughter is in no shape to run it alone so I propose a marriage" at the sound of his price I shifted in my seat knowing where this was going wouldn't end well.

"Fuck no" I shook my head standing up with Michael following.

Hearing Ian chuckle my head snapped his way not finding anything that was said amusingly.

"You can get off that high horse Carter I'm not proposing you marry her I'm not interested in making my daughter one of your side pieces, a little birdie told me your soon-to-be wife is waiting at home".

Why the fuck is everyone suddenly talking about my personal life.

"I want him to marry my daughter" he spoke again pointing toward Michael.

"He's not a pawn in the game you're trying to play here Ian, if he chose to marry someone it would most definitely not be an arranged marriage" sounding like an overprotective older brother I stepped forward not liking the idea of my best friend marrying the girl he doesn't love.