Chapter 34: Awake

Standing outside the abandoned building we waited for Ashley to come out

There was only one entry and it was a metal door needing a key to be unlocked so the best thing we could do was wait.

It took roughly twenty minutes before we heard the door unlocking so we raised our guns waiting to give Ashley a warm welcome.

The metal door was slowly opening up taking forever to show us our target.

Once we had Ashley we'd rescue the girls Michael saw trapped inside.

"Carter that's..." Micheal's voice faded away once my eyes landed on her, beeping sounds filled my ears, and the world around me slowed down.

Dropping the gun I held, I stood still watching the woman that's been haunting my dreams standing a few feet away from me.

"La mia piccola farfalla" I barely whispered not believing my eyes.

Looking up Iris looked shocked not noticing us before.

"Carter" hearing her heavenly voice in what felt like a lifetime, I could hear my heartbeat picking up.

Seeing Iris starting to fall down the girl holding her not able to carry her anymore I ran to her side.

Before she could hit the ground I walled my hands around her waist pulling her closer to my chest.

"I'm here Princess stay with me" I voiced carrying her to the car.

Shouting at Michael to drive, Cassy took his car keys helping the other girl to his car.

I wasn't waiting any longer or taking any chances of losing her again so we drove off breaking every speed limit there was.

Holding her hand in mine I kept on running my fingers through her hair while her head rested on my lap.

Reaching the nearest hospital the nurses took charge the second we walked in but this time I made sure they allowed me to stay with her.

I wasn't leaving her side again.