Chapter 3: Safe

After our little conversation, I fell asleep not wanting to talk anymore, I'd already said too much

Feeling a soft surface underneath me I pulled the warm blanket closer not ready to wake up yet. I knew we were no longer on the plane but I was scared of opening my eyes to find myself back in that room, back with Him.

Feeling a small wet object touching my face I opened my eyes, jolting back at the furry creature that was licking my face moments ago, a gasp left my mouth when I rolled off the bed.

"Well hello to you too baby" I cooed at the large dog wagging his tail while jumping on the bed.

A loud voice ripped me back to reality and I jumped up bowing my head "Zeus you know you're not allowed on the bed!"

Michael's voice filled the room as the dog jumped down hiding behind me.

Feeling his paw drag down my leg I bent down slowly moving my hand over his black fur feeling myself calm down.

Pulling his head away from me, he started growling at Michael coming closer, no longer hiding behind me the dog moved, placing distance between me and Michael. "Zeus no" he pointed his finger toward the snarling puppy, backing away slowly.

"Carter!" he yelled running out of the room while Zeus chased after him leaving me still standing in the room not knowing what I should be doing.

Looking up at the door that slammed shut a heavy-breathing Michael stood against it while the room filled with barking from outside. "Zeus heal" Carter's deep voice could be heard and the barking stopped.

Slowly opening the door Zeus ran in but before I could register what he was doing he jumped on top of me pushing us toward the floor. Giggling at the wet sensation his tongue left all over my face I tried pushing him off but he was too big.

"Enough!" Carter spoke again and Zeus stopped whining at the command before sitting down next to me.

"Iris follow," he said walking out and I quickly got up trying to keep up with his large strides.

Michael walked behind me and we walked into a large office.

Gazing at the new room I examined my surroundings, a large bookshelf filled with books covered most of the wall next to me, and without thinking I walked closer running my fingertip over the spine of each book in my reach.

The room filled with silence so I carried on looking around seeing a dark rug taking up most of the wooden floor with a wood desk and two comfortable chairs in front of it. A bigger chair was slightly pushed out at the back of the desk which drew my attention the most, it looked so inviting as if it had my name written all over it ready for me to take a seat.

"Focus little one" feeling an unfamiliar feeling crawl down my spine with the words Carter spoke I shot my head up connecting with the most memorable sight.