Chapter 10: Hug

Since she found out where we're going she's been trying to convince me to go back home

"I forgot to give Zeus his morning cuddles" she rushed out.

I've been trying to figure out why she didn't want to see her own family but what had most of my attention was the fact that she lied to me.

"Iris what did you eat last night?" I continued ignoring her attempts by changing the conversation.

Silence filled the car and I turned my head towards Iris.

"No look at the road!" she placed her small hands on the side of my face before turning it to the road again.

"I ate grilled... Grilled sandwiches!" she sounded so proud of coming up with words.

"We don't have cheese at home" of course we did and she'd know that if she ate something.

✨FLASHBACK TO THIS MORNING✨

I checked a few emails before Michael came running into the kitchen claiming that the good smell of food woke him up.

"Who made this?" he took a bite out of the toast.

"I made it for Iris but she wasn't hungry after last night's food" I shrugged sitting down.

"She hasn't eaten anything since she's gotten here" he stated between bites and his words grabbed my attention.

✨OVER✨

"I didn't eat it with cheese" she added looking out the window.

"Do you want to know what happens to people who lie to me, Iris?".

Slightly nodding I continued.

"I cut out their tongue if they're not going to use it properly why let them keep it, right?".

Iris had yet to look away from the window, but her gaze was fixated on the restaurant we stopped at two minutes ago

She hasn't spoken since our last conversation.