Chapter 18: Party

Watching Maria cook a welcome home dinner for Micheal and Carter was mesmerizing

She knew exactly what to put in and how much without tasting it once.

Her food was the best.

I couldn't wait to tell Michael about Carter's surprise party, I felt bad after finding out that he'd be arriving home on his birthday and only have a few hours left to celebrate.

So with the help of Maria, we invited a few people that would be arriving exactly two hours after they did which would make it

19:00.

I had everything planned out perfectly and I couldn't wait to show off the new dress me and Maria bought.

I'd also get to meet her husband and son tonight.

Hearing the front door open I ran out of the kitchen seeing both of them walk in with their bodyguards.

Running up to Michael I gave him a big hug before pulling him off to his room. I couldn't wait any longer so I locked the room behind us.

Giggling at his confused face I sat down beside him on the bed.

"I have a secret assignment for you" I started looking serious.

Nodding Micheal leaned in closer giving me all his attention.

"We planned a surprise party for Carter while you were away and I need you to make sure he stays home" I informed pressing my hands together.

Smirking Michael shook his head but as if he remembered something his smirk disappeared while he folded his arms.

"How'd you know it was his birthday?" he asked.

"Maria told me" I simply spoke playing with the ends of my black socks that were tucked underneath me.

"Then I accept" he chuckled standing up and unlocking the door.

Squealing I gave him a big hug before following him to the dining room where Maria was serving food.

Sitting down beside Carter I simply ate my food without looking in his direction knowing that if I did, I'd spill the secret and eliminate the element of surprise.

When I finished with lunch I said goodbye to Maria knowing she would go home after cleaning up to get ready for the party.

Running up to my room I turned on the shower deciding that I'd get ready too seeing that the party was in three hours.

Grabbing a towel in my closet I screamed when someone cleared their throat behind me.

Holding my heart I turned around to be met with Carter leaning against my door.

"You scared me" I breathed out trying my best to calm down.

"Why are you ignoring me?" He asked dismissing my statement.