Chapter 2: Scared

Woken up by yelling I hid my teddy bear under the blanket knowing he gets scared easily and climbed out of the cage

Not knowing what was happening, I tried getting the bracelet around my ankle off but I couldn't even move it an inch, so I tried getting as close to the door as possible.

Hearing footsteps nearing me I waited for the door to open knowing that it was probably my master trying to scare me again but to my surprise, two unknown men stumbled in seeming confused.

"Hello, I'm Michael" the one closest to me spoke and my eyes flickered between his almost black hair to his green eyes and his tall figure.

He looked scary with different tattoos littering his body, only some were visible but I knew they went behind his hands and neck.

Snapping out of it I lowered my head not responding while focusing on the ground in front of me.

I can't afford to break his rules again, I don't want another punishment.

'Stupid Iris why can't you do anything right!'

Hearing them whisper a few times the one I don't know left leaving me alone with Michael.

"What about we get you out of those chains" He stated more than asked and moved toward me, but when I shuffled back he stopped.

"It's okay, I'm here to help I promise" Holding out his hand I slowly looked up, seeing his pinky finger pointing towards me.

"I pinky promise I'm only here to help" He laughed coming closer and I nodded allowing him to come closer.

Bending down he inspected the bracelet and pulled out a small bag containing thin metal strips. Watching him work he removed it from my ankle and grinned up at me. "Come on let's get you out of here".

Before we could fully leave I stopped him, running back to the cage while grabbing my pacifier and teddy bear before allowing him to take my hand again leading me through the hallway.

I liked him, he made me feel safe but I could never trust him.