Epilogue

Alex's POV

I slowly wake up to the worst thing possible.

An empty bed.

Groaning, I roll onto my back, covering my eyes with my forearm as I try to think if Diana had any early morning plans this morning.

When I come up blank, I begin to wonder where she's gone, since Diana is never up before me on a workday. Most days I have to drag her up while she threatens me with breaking up and chastity.

I get up, checking the time to see it's just turned half-seven. Yeah, someone must be dead if Diana is up this early.

I quickly get ready for work. I step out of my room while unbuttoning the cuffs of my shirt, and rolling my sleeve up to my elbow. It's warm as fuck today.

Of course, while I close my bedroom door, Leo's opens.

He grins when he sees me. "Brother!" He cheers, and I sigh, rolling my eyes as I make a bee-line for the stairs.

Only I don't get that lucky, and an arm is thrown around my shoulder. "There's talk of an official family pool day this Saturday," Leo tells me, and I hum. "How fun," I say sarcastically, reaching the top of the stairs.

"It'll be fun. It always is" Leo laughs, and he's right. Since someone always ends up pushing Jay into the pool.

"Sure it will" I mumble. As much as I love getting waterboarded by my family, I was looking forward to sleeping all weekend. With Diana of course. It's only Tuesday and I feel I might quit and move to Miami full-time.

"I'll make sure you don't drown, don't worry" Leo uses the hand he has rested on my shoulder to pat my back. I narrow my eyes at him. "If anyone is drowning, it's you. And you better hope Sage will save you because I sure as hell won't" I mutter, shoving his hand off from around my shoulder.

We reach the bottom of the stairs, and I walk straight to the kitchen. "How would I be the one drowning? It's definitely you who can't swim" Leo tells me, and I scoff. "I know how to swim. Better than you, too. Leo, if any of us were going to drown, it would be you" I tell him, before walking into the kitchen.

I spot Diana sitting at the kitchen table, staring at her mug of what we all know is hot chocolate.

"Diana" Leo says, and he takes the seat opposite her. I move and stand behind her. I place my hands on her shoulders, immediately noticing how tense she is.

I've noticed that recently. She's a lot more tense- a lot more jumping. She gets lost in that little head of hers all the time lately, and I'm desperate to know what's going on with her. But when I ask, she won't tell me.

"Who out of the both of us is most likely to drown?" Leo asks, looking very serious.

"I don't know" Diana shrugs, making Leo sigh. "You both have too much free time", I turn, noticing Charlotte is here, standing by the kitchen island.

I turn back around, seeing Leo walking out of the kitchen with his middle finger up, pointed towards Charlotte.

I lean down to Diana's ear and gently pull her hair back off her face. "You okay?" I ask, and she hums in response. But again, I feel her shoulders somehow get more tense.

I move and take the seat beside her so I can see her face. "Are you sure?" I ask, and she nods her head, not looking me in the eye.

I sigh, but drop it since I can't exactly do anything with Charlotte listening. I lean over and kiss her temple.

"I'm taking you out tonight" She suddenly says as she stands up. I blink, a bit surprised but quickly play it off. "Where to?" I ask. "Surprise. Be ready by eight" She tells me. I nod slowly. "Okay". She then quickly rushes out of the kitchen.