Chapter 12

Diana's POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm blaring. With a groan, I sit up, still half asleep and get out of bed.

The slight pain between my legs reminds me of last night's events.

I had sex with him. Alexander. My boss.

What's worse is I'm going to have to face him in less than an hour.

Reluctantly I get ready for work. Once dressed and showered, I head downstairs to the kitchen.  Casey's already in there cutting up an apple.

"Good morning," I tell him, making myself a bowl of cereal. "Morning," He says back. I pour in my cereal,  then my milk before grabbing myself a spoon and sitting down at the kitchen table.

"You were home late last night," Casey says, and I nearly choke on my cereal. I freeze, scared he somehow knows what happened.

Mabey I have 'just fucked my boss' written on my forehead.

Casey had his back turned to me, and I reassured myself that he doesn't know. "Traffic" I blurt out,  and he hums. "I figured," He says.

"I found your favourite mug last night" Casey suddenly says, and I smile widely. "I swear to god if you're joking" I mumble and he chuckles.

"It was in the fridge behind the cans of Red Bull" Casey tells me, and I grin. My favourite mug, a mug I won at the school raffle in fourth grade, has been missing for two months now.

I love that mug. It has a cute frog on it.

I looked everywhere for it. And I mean everywhere. I even checked the garden shed. It's weird how it was hidden somewhere so simple yet it took us this long to find it.

"You can throw away the red bull by the way" I add as I rinse my empty bowl in the sink. Neither of us drank Red Bull. Mason did, and always kept a stash in our fridge.

It drove Casey crazy when he would leave his empty cans on the coffee table, or even on the kitchen table sometimes. Mason had a tendency to never clean up after himself. While Casey can't handle mess.

He would probably faint if he saw Mason's apartment.

"Thank god. They've been annoying me" He mumbles, opening the fridge and taking the five cans out of our fridge.

"Do you need a lift to school?" I ask him while grabbing my car keys from the kitchen windowsill. "No thanks. I'll walk" Casey tells me, and I nod.

We say our goodbyes before I walk out and get in my car. The drive went by way too fast for my liking, and before I knew it I was in the elevator, watching the screen intensely as it went up floor by floor.

The doors open, and I step out into the familiar space and walk to my desk. Placing my bag down on my desk, I walk over to Alexander's closed office doors.

I take a deep breath, preparing myself to see him again after...

I knock before opening the doors and stepping inside.

I cannot do this.

Memories of how I was bent forward over the very desk Alexander's sitting at right now fill my thoughts, and I look down so he wouldn't see my flushed face.

"Good morning sir- Mr Hendrix. Good morning Mr Hendrix" I clear my throat, allowing my eyes to flicker up to him and I catch his amused expression.

"Good morning Diana" He answers back.

"Can you pick up my usual?" Alexander asks, and I nod, my eyes still focused on the ground in front of me.

He clears his throat, and without thinking I look up and our eyes lock. "I'd like you to look at me when I'm speaking to you," He tells me, and I nod immediately.