Chapter 13

Diana's POV

I throw the pen that wouldn't work in the small bin under my desk a little rougher than necessary. Letting out a frustrated sigh, I try to calm myself down.

Stupid pen running out of stupid fucking ink.

I go to grab a new pen but stop when I hear the elevator doors open.

Knowing Alexander doesn't have any meeting scheduled, I freeze and try to remain calm when I see three men step out of the elevator.

They were all fairly tall, the one on the left looking to be tallest, standing at what looks to be 6'4. He had white-silver-like hair, yet looked to be in his mid-twenties, and wore a bored look on his face. Just after giving him a quick glance, I could tell he was a fairly muscular man.

The man standing in the middle was shorter, but still tall, looking to be maybe 6'2. His hair was jet black, and the slight smile on his face told me he was more laid back than the guy on his left. His tattooed arms were on full display, showing off the patchwork he had done, as well as his muscles.

The guy on the right appeared younger than the two. His hair was also black, and he also had a bored look on his face, but somehow he looked a lot less intimidating than the man on the left. Similar to the guy in the middle, he looked to be 6'2.

These guys were taller, and clearly much stronger than me. The similarities in their facial features indicated they might be related, and they looked oddly familiar. I remain calm as their attention falls on me, and I stand up for my chair, my hand hovering over the security button under my desk.

"Can I help you? I think you have the wrong floor" I tell them. "We have the right floor," The man in the middle says.

"You have no scheduled meetings with Mr Hendrix. Please leave before I call security" I tell them, wondering how they got up here in the first place. Alexander said every time someone presses the button for floor sixty, he gets a notification. So either he invited them, which I find unlikely since he would have told me, or at least come out of his office upon hearing their arrival. Or, they somehow hacked it.

The man in the middle chuckles, making me confused. "I see the confusion. We're Alex's brothers" He tells me, and I look at them hesitantly.

I stare at the guy in the middle when suddenly I remember where I've seen him. The night I got stuck in the elevator with Alexander, he called that man, his brother who I believed went by the name Leo. I glance at the other two and realize that's why they look familiar.

"My apologies. I'm assuming you're here to see him?" I ask, and he nods. "Can you pass on a message?" The man on the right says, and I look at him confused. "You can just open those two doors there," I tell them.

"And talk to that grump? We're good" The middle guy says, and I'm even more confused now. Alexander is never grumpy.

"Please tell Alex to pack his shit and get his ass out of that depressing office of his and come home before we drag him there by the ear," Middle guys tell me, and my lips part as I stare in shock. "You..want..me..to say that to him..?" I mumble, and the guy on the right nods.  "Word for word please".

I nod and walk over to his office, knocking on the door to avoid another incident like last week. I open the door once hearing him say 'Come in'.

I walk in, and Alexander looks up at me from his computer and I clear my throat. "Um Mr Hendrix your brothers are here...they said-...they'd like you to come home," I tell him, deciding I wasn't going to repeat their message word for word to my boss.

"Tell them to fuck off," Alexander says, and I look at him in disbelief. "You want me?-... Will I just tell them you're busy instead?" I offer, and to my dismay, he shakes his head.

"No, tell them to fuck off" He repeats, and I sigh before turning and walking out of his office. His brothers are standing by the elevators talking, and I awkwardly stand in front of them.

"Mr Hendrix is busy," I tell them.

"Please tell 'Mr Hendrix', that we don't give a shit," The guy on the right tells me, and I go to say something but stop myself. I turn and walk back into his office.

"They would really like you to come home," I tell Alexander. 

"Call security," He tells me, and I freeze. Is he being serious? Does he actually expect me to?-

"You wouldn't call security on your dear brothers would you?" The middle guy who I think is called Leo suddenly says, and I turn to see the three of them walking into the office. Thank god. Being a messenger for these guys is stressful.

Alexander scowls and turns to me. "Call an exterminator. We have rodents" He mutters, and one of them scoffs while I stifle back a laugh.

"Call security," He tells me. "You wouldn't dare" Leo scowls. "Actually, call the cops. Tell them we have intruders, and to bring guns" Alexander tells me while glaring at the other three.

"Are you being serious?-" I mumble. "No, he's not". "Yes, I am".

Great response. Really cleared everything up.

Everyone turned to me and stared, and I stood there awkwardly and very confused about what I was supposed to do.

"I'm going to just go" I decide to let them work this little problem out by themselves. "Please take them with you" Alexander mumbles.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" The guy on the right asks, and I smile politely. "His assistant," I tell them, and they snap their heads to look at Alexander so quickly it must have given them whiplash.

"Assistant" Leo repeats. "You've got a personal assistant" Guy on the right says, and I'm confused as to why they're so shocked by that. I'm confused as to why everyone was so shocked by it actually.

Alexander rolls his eyes and turns back to his work, while his brothers stare at me. "Wait you're the elevator girl" Leo says, and I shoot him a small smile while the other two brothers look even more confused.

"Her name is Diana" Alexander mumbles, still focused on his work.

"I'll leave" I tell them, and Leo shoots me a smile as he walks over to me. He grabs my hand, brings it up to his face and kissed the back of my knuckles.

"Lovely meeting you Diana" Leo smiles, before his smile turns into a smirk as he looks towards Alexander, still holding my hand in his.

I look at Alexander as well, confused as to what's going on. Instead of typing on his computer like he was before, he's now glaring at Leo.

Leo drops my hand, shooting me a smile before I turn and walk out of the office. I close the doors behind me and take a few seconds to try to comprehend what just happened.

******

Ten minutes later, the doors to his office open, and out walks all four of them.

I'm assuming they finally managed to convince him.

"You can take the rest of the day off, Diana," Alexander tells me, and I nod. "You can take tomorrow off as well" Leo tells me as the three of them walk into the elevator, while Alexander sighs and stops in front of my desk.

"You can take tomorrow off as well," Alexander tells me. "No, I'll go in tomorrow. It's no problem" I tell him. I like my job, and call me crazy if you want but I'd rather go to work than sit at home all day alone feeling lazy.

"You will stay home tomorrow. Understood?" Alexander tells me in a tone of voice that made me feel hot inside. "Understood" I sigh, and he sends me a smile.

"Have a good evening okay?" He tells me. "It's afternoon," I say, and he rolls his eyes. "Ha ha very funny" Alexander says and I laugh while he walks over to the elevator which is filled with his three brothers who I honestly forgot were here.

They're all grinning at Alexander as he walks into the metal death trap, and Alexander mumbles something that I couldn't understand and his brothers laugh before the doors closed.