Chapter 9

Trigger warning⚠️
Domestic abuse

______________________

Diana's POV

"Fuck" I mutter when the coffee I'm trying to drink burns my tongue.

I'm too impatient for this shit.

It's nine pm on a Thursday, and I'm sitting in the kitchen on my phone. Mason's upstairs lying down, while Casey is gone out probably doing drugs or something.

I'm scrolling through Instagram when I suddenly remembered I got Camille's number today.

Remembering I put the note with her number on it in the pocket of my work clothes, I groan since that means I have to go back upstairs.

I'll text her later.

I hear Mason coming down the stairs, and a few seconds later he walks into the kitchen.

"What the fuck is this?!" He yells, before throwing my vibrator on the kitchen table.

"Get that off the kitchen table Mason. Ew" I scowl as I reach for the device, but he quickly snatches it, before walking over and throwing it in the bin.

I stare at him in shock before standing up. "What the fuck?" I scowl as I cross my arms over my chest.

"Why the fuck do you have that?!" Mason yells, and I look at him confused. "Why are you so mad?" I ask, but my question seems to go unheard to him.

"I found it in your drawer. I know it's yours" Mason spits. "I'm not denying it's mine. And why were you looking in my drawer?" I ask him, knowing I always kept it in my underwear drawer.

"To make sure you weren't cheating," Mason tells me, and I scoff. "And what? You thought I hid a man in my drawer?" I say, in a slightly raised tone.

Not only did he just snoop around my room and tell me he didn't trust me, but he also did it without an ounce of shame on his face.

"Don't make jokes right now Diana. Am I not good enough for you?" Mason asks, and I release a sigh as I walk up to him and cup his face. "Don't be silly Mason. It has nothing to do with you" I assure him.

It does slightly have something to do with him.

Mason...how do I put this nicely? He struggles in that area. A lot.

So in order to not hurt his feelings, I do it myself.

I didn't expect him to get so offended.

Mason scoffs before pushing me off him. I stumble back into the wall, and stare at him in shock. "Its basically cheating. I'm the only one who should be giving you pleasure" Mason yells, and I scowl.

"It's a fucking object, not a person. And you don't talk to me like" I tell him, and he glares at me and walks right up to me. Mason stands in front of me, and I straighten my back and stare him right in the eye feeling equally as pissed off.

"I'll speak to you any way I want" Mason mutters. "No, you won't," I tell him and go to walk away to try to get some space to calm down.

Only my wrist is painfully grabbed, stopping me from walking away. "You're hurting me Mason. Let go" I mumble as I try to pull away from him, but he only tightens his grip causing me to wince in pain.

He suddenly pushed me back and pins me against the wall causing me to freeze.

Mason has never acted like this before.  He's always been kind and calm, so to see him act like this is not only shocking but scary.