Chapter 21

Diana's POV

"Alex we're going to be late" I mumble, but he doesn't seem to even acknowledge my words before he kisses me again.

I move my lips against his, loving the feeling. Eventually, I somehow gather the strength to pull away again, and he sighs and looks at me. "The meeting starts in ten minutes" I tell him for the millionth time.

He hums before kissing at my neck.

We're sitting on the small couch in his office, me straddling his lap. His hands were around my waist like always, and I've been trying to do a good job at being his assistant and telling him he has a meeting to get to, but he won't listen.

This all started so innocently. I was just bringing him a coffee like he asked for. 'Lets sit on the couch' He said. 'Its more comfy' He said. Then he pulled me on his lap, kissed me, and twenty minutes later, here we are.

"Alexander," I tell him, and he chuckles against my neck. "Am I in trouble?" He asks, looking at me entertained and I roll my eyes.

"I believe I told you to never roll your eyes at me" Alex says playfully, and I look at him and see him staring at me with an all too familiar look in his eyes.

We'll never get to the meeting on time at this rate.

"Alex come on" I say, drawing out his name and he sighs. I go to move off his lap but he grabs my hips and keeps me in place before kissing me.

I sigh and give into the kiss, and a minute later I finally pull away for air. I quickly take this as my chance to get off of him. I stand up and feel proud of myself for becoming one step closer to getting this man to the goddamn meeting.

I turn around to face him and am prepared to drag him off the couch if I have to, but am happily surprised to see he's already standing up in front of me.

Alex cups my face with one of his hands before gently pecking my lips. He pulls away a second later and sighs. "Diana I know you want to stay here and kiss me all day but we have a meeting" He tells me, and I scoff and push him away from me while he laughs.

I walk out of his office, not even bothering to see if he's following. But I'm assured he is when I hear his laughter from behind me.

Grabbing my laptop and phone, I walk to the elevator and press the button, waiting patiently with Alex by my side.

The doors open and we step inside. Alex stands behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder causing me to smile.

I've quickly noticed that Alex's love language is touch. He always has his hands on me somehow. I love it and most of the time find it adorable how he always feels the need to touch me.

Alex begins placing kisses on my neck- not in a sexual way, but in an affectionate way. I look in the mirror on the wall in front and notice I'm smiling like a fucking idiot but I can't help it.

"Have I told you how beautiful you are?" Alex whispers and I giggle. "Yes. You mention it quite a lot actually" I tell him and he hums.

"Because it's true, and I plan to keep telling you so get used to it" He says and I laugh.

The elevator stops moving, and Alex sighs before letting go of me and taking a step back just as the doors open.

I smile in his direction before we walk out, and I just then realise that he managed to distract me. Not once during the whole thirty seconds did I feel panicked or scared. He managed to take my mind off it.

Just as we reach the wooden door, Alex's phone rings.

"I swear to god if this motherfucker is ringing me over some stupid shit I'm going to lose it" He mutters when he takes out his phone and sees who's ringing him.